Chemstrip 9 Urine Test Strips is a multiple parameter dipstick urine test used to measure certain constituents in the urine like ketones, pH proteins and glucose. These measurements are useful in the evaluation of urinary and metabolic disorders.
- Brand: Chemstrip Urine Test Strips
- Manufacture: Roche
- Product Number: 417109
How to perform the urine testing process
The Urine specimen should be collected freshly in a clean container and should be tested as soon as possible (do not use centrifuge or preservatives). Fresh urine gives the best results. When the urine is exposure the daylight or the room temperatures for a long period of time the urine compounds become very unstable.
- Briefly (no longer than 1 second) dip the test strip into the urine. Make sure the chemically impregnated pads on the test strip are soaked.
- Draw the edge of the strip along the rim of the specimen cup to remove any excess urine.
- Turn the test strip on its side and tap once on a piece of absorbent paper to remove any remaining urine.
- Hold the strip close to the color blocks to the chart on the side of the vial label.
- All test pads should be read at 1 minute. If leukocytes pad indicates a trace result, it should be read again at 2 minutes.
Results are obtained by direct visual comparison with the color scale printed on the vial label by always assigning the value of the nearest color block. No mathematical calculations are needed.
Warnings or Side Effects for Chemstrip
When using Chemstrips urinalysis reagent test strips avoid contact with the skin and mucous membranes. If you do come in contact with the skin, flush the area with large amounts of tap water. Seek immediate medical attention if the test strips comes in contact with the eyes or ingested.
Use normal precautions when handling any reagent test strips. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommends using disposable medical gloves whenever blood or body fluids are handled.