Home Safety Assessment
The following home safety assessment will help provide some focus areas to review around your house or apartment to implement a personal fall prevention strategy.
Floors and Rugs
- Arrange furniture to ensure clear walkways especially near exits
- Remove clutter and debris from floors and stairways
- Remove throw rugs or use adhesives to ensure edges remain down
- Remove clutter and debris from stairs
- Install hand rails
- Keep stairwells properly lit
- Install non-skid surfaces to floors, and tubs
- Use secure grab bars near tub, shower, and toilet
- Install adjustable or hand-held shower heads
- Keep commonly used items within reach
- Use sturdy step ladders for climbing
- Consider a long-handled grabber
- Have lighting accessible within reach of the bed
- Use a night light to illuminate the path to the bathroom
This home safety assessment will help you identify common areas of the home that may present challenges or fall risks. Fall prevention starts by removing potential hazards.
Mountainside Medical Equipment would like to invite you to learn more about home safety and fall prevention products through our website, or feel free to contact a friendly representative today at 1-888-687-4334.