The Top 10 Most Important Hospital Challenges
1) Financial challenges - challenges include insurance reimbursement, compliance, inflation, bad debt, and increased competition.
2) Healthcare reform implementation - changes in regulations, readmission and infection avoidance efforts to reduce penalties, and alignment with other health organizations.
3) Patient safety and quality - including monitoring physician efforts, care improvement, medication errors, and preventing facility related infections.
4) Governmental mandates - compliance with regulations, reporting, interfacing with organizations, and standards management.
5) Care for the uninsured - outlining care plans, potential lack of reimbursement, late or no payment for services, contracting for account collections.
6) Physician-hospital relations - assessing quality of care, availability, billing, patient monitoring and discharge, and payment negotiation.
7) Patient satisfaction - quality of care, atmosphere, amenities, successful treatment and follow-up planning.
8) Technology - updated equipment, patient monitoring, billing and accounting systems, insurance reimbursement, and facilities management.
9) Personnel shortages - increased demand for care coupled with increased wages and tighter payroll budgets, time off, and staff retention.
10) Accountability - response to incident, patient treatment and follow-up care, contingency planning for infection, errors, and uncontrollable events.
Due to the above top 10 most important hospital challenges, acute care facilities continue to seek lower cost, effective, reliable solutions for providing exceptional care on an often constrained budget. Browse comprehensive hospital supply solutions that are available, affordable, and advanced enough to support these needs online or call to speak with a friendly representative at 1-888-687-4334 today!