Hibiclens Chlorhexidine Gluconate Skin Antimicrobial 8 oz
Hibiclens chlorhexidine gluconate hand sanitizing liquid is a strong antimicrobial that kills MRSA, Avian flu, C. diff (in its vegetative state), VRE, and other pathogens that are common causes of infection and diseases. Additionally this sanitizing liquid will adhere to your skin and give you up to 6 hours of antimicrobial germ-killing power.
- - Strong antimicrobial properties
- - Adheres to skin
- - Continues working for up to 6 full hours
- - Non-irritating formula
Benefits of using Hibiclens Antiseptic/Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser:
- - Kills a variety of different harmful microorganisms, including both germ-positive bacteria and germ-negative bacteria
- - The efficacy of this cleanser isn’t reduced by organic matter (like blood, for example)
- - Continues working for up to five hours after the initial application
- - Helps prevent a wide range of skin infections and reduce the risks of cross-contamination
Works great for
- - Surgical hand scrub
- - Health-care personnel handwash
- - Patient pre-operative skin preparation
- - Skin wound cleanser
- - General skin cleaner
Instructions for Use:
- For skin wound and general skin cleansing – Rinse the area well with warm water. Gently wash the area thoroughly using the minimum amount of cleanser needed and then rinse well again.
- For preoperative skin preparation – Apply liberally to the surgical site and swab for a minimum of two (2) minutes. Dry with a sterile towel and repeat the procedure again, drying with another clean sterile towel.
- For use as a surgical hand scrub – Wet the hands and forearms with warm water and then scrub for three (3) minutes using about 5 mL of Hibiclens and a wet brush, paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and spaces in between the fingers (using a separate nail cleaner if needed). Rinse thoroughly and then repeat the procedure, washing with another 5 mL of Hibiclens for an additional three (3) minutes. Rinse with warm running water and then dry thoroughly.
- For use as a personnel hand wash – Wet the hands with warm water and then vigorously wash with 5 mL of Hibiclens for a minimum of 15 seconds. Rinse with warm water and then dry thoroughly. (It is recommended that warm water be used; avoid using very cold or very hot water and avoid using excessive pressure.)
Product # - 57508
Active Ingredient - Chlorhexidine gluconate solution 4%
Inactive Ingredients - Fragrance, isopropyl alcohol 4% w/v, purified water, Red 40, and other ingredients in a non-alkaline base
Manufacturer: Mölnlycke Health Care
When using this skin cleanser you can apply it once and then enjoy up to 5 hours of protection. Protect yourself from a wide range of skin infections and reduce the risks of cross-contamination by ordering your bottle today using our conveniently easy to use website. Should you have any other questions or if you would like to place an order by phone, feel free to call us at 1-888-687-4334 and speak with one of our helpful medical supply professionals.