Hospira Naloxone Hydrochloride Injection Carpuject Luer Lock Glass Syringe
This system requires the use of the Carpuject IV System (included) and is not designed for direct nasal inhalation.
Saving lives one overdose at a time, Naloxone Hydrochloride Injection, USP by Hospira is an invaluable medication that is being used to treat and help prevent fatal opioid drug overdoses. Once administered to an individual who is overdosing on opioid drugs, Naloxone cancels out the effects that the opioid drugs are having on the brain, restoring the individual’s breathing and consciousness.
This medication has a rather short lifespan once it has been administered, so it is important to make sure the individual receives the proper medical treatment once breathing and consciousness are restored. Naloxone wears off after approximately 30-90 minutes, which can cause the overdose symptoms to re-emerge and the individual to stop breathing and lose consciousness again.
- An Opioid Antagonist
- Saves lives by reversing the effects of opioid drug overdoses
- For intravenous, intramuscular, or subcutaneous administration
- Each mL contains 0.4 mg of Naloxone hydrochloride and 8.9 mg of sodium chloride
- pH adjusted between 3.0 to 6.5 with hydrochloric acid or sodium hydroxide
- Includes a Carpuject Sterile Cartridge Unit
- Sold by: 10 pack
- Reverses the effects of opioid drug overdoses
- Helps reduce the number of deaths caused by opioid drug overdoses
- Comes in an easy to use pre-filled syringe, which saves during an overdose since you don’t have to take the time to fill a syringe
- No needles – which eliminates the risk of accidental needle sticks
- Compliant with OSHA's Needle Stick Safety and Prevention Act
- Safe and effective – its been being used to prevent overdose deaths since the mid-1990’s
- Naloxone has no other uses other than reversing opioid overdoses. There are no risks for potential Naloxone abuse, addictions, or dependencies.
For reversing the effects of opioid drug overdoses and preventing fatal overdoses. This medication is an opioid antagonist; as such, it only works for overdoses caused by the use of opioid drugs, such as:
- Oxycodone (Oxycontin)
- Hydrocodone (Vicodin)
- And other prescription pain medications
This medication will not prevent overdose deaths caused by other types of drugs, like benzodiazepines such as Xanax, Klonopin and Valium, bath salts, cocaine, methamphetamines or alcohol
Not sure what type of drug was taken?
Anytime that a confirmed or suspected drug overdose occurs Naloxone should be administered as soon as possible. Naloxone is very safe to use and won’t cause any harm, even if administered to an individual who isn’t having any kind of overdose. When used on individuals without any opioids in their system Naloxone doesn’t do anything.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that almost 9 out of 10 poisoning deaths can be attributed to drugs, and 3 out of 4 prescription painkiller overdoses are caused by opioids. Save lives by ensuring that a Hospira Naloxone Hydrochloride Injection, USP will be on hand and ready to use should an overdose occur. Order today using our conveniently easy to use website or by calling us at 1-888-687-4334 to speak with one of our friendly and experienced medical supply specialists and place an order by phone.