Kangaroo Gastrostomy Feeding Tube with Y-Port
Kendall Kangaroo Gastrostomy Feeding Tube with Y-Port and Safe Enteral Connections is a silicone feeding tube with 5 or 20 cc inflation balloon. Made with a durable, long-lasting silicone material and features a graduated shaft for easy depth identification, a rounded skin disk for stability and is made to be incompatible with IV or luer lock connectors to prevent accidental connection or infusion. The Y-port can easily be replaced when the port becomes stretched.
Kangaroo GT Tube Features:
- Lasts up to 6 months with proper care and maintenance
- Rounded skin disc for internal retention
- Graduated shaft
- Rounded tip with open distal end
- Medical-grade silicone material
- Replaceable Y-port
- Incompatible with luer lock or IV connections
- Safe enteral connections to address
- 2006 JCAHO Tubing Misconnections Sentinel Event alert
- 5cc or 20cc gastric balloon (depending on Fr size chosen)
- Available in 14-24 French sizes
- DEHP free
Why should I use an enteral tube that has specifically designed connections?
In a busy healthcare facility, sometimes things get overlooked by both inexperienced and experienced professionals. In order to ensure that your enteral patient is properly cared for no matter how busy you are, or what your level of experience is, this enteral tubing is specifically designed for enteral feeding only. It will simply not connect to IV or luer lock connectors. It also features connectors that are the color purple, so taht you can clearly see that it is an enteral feeding tube.These mistakes have happened in the past causing serious patient damage, and even death. So, in order to make your life easier and assuring your patient’s safety, the Kangaroo Gastrostomy Feeding Tube addresses the 2006 JCAHO Tubing Misconnection s Sentinel Event alert.