Naloxone First Responder Kit with Hard Case
Enabling law enforcement personnel to save more lives and help reduce the number of fatalities caused by opioid drug overdoses, the Naloxone First Responder Kit for Police Cars comes fully stocked with all of the supplies that are needed to safely administer the life-saving drug of Naloxone. Naloxone is a fast-acting opioid antagonist that reverses the effects that using opioid drugs has on the brain, restoring breathing and reawakening the individual within a matter of only 2-5 minutes from being administered.
Often times when law enforcement personnel find someone who is overdosing they don’t immediately know what type of drugs the individual may have taken, which is why Naloxone is specially formulated to activate only in the presence of opioid drugs. Naloxone is safe, even when administered to someone who isn’t on opioids.
- Saves lives by reversing the effects of opioid drug overdoses
- Helps restore the individual’s breathing and consciousness
- Safe, effective, and FDA approved for treating and preventing opioid overdoses
- Great for keeping in the trunk of law enforcement vehicles
- Pre-stocked with the supplies needed to safely administer Naloxone
- Packaged in a durable, hard plastic case
- Sold by: the kit
- These kits enable law enforcement personnel to save lives and help prevent opioid overdose deaths
- A complete kit that comes preassembled with all of the supplies that are needed to safely administer Naloxone
- All of the supplies are neatly organized in a durable, hard plastic case with snap-shut closures, which is great for keeping in the trunk of police vehicles
- Unlike many other medications that have drastic side effects and can cause harm if administered to someone who isn’t actually overdosing on opioids, this medication can safely be administered even when you don’t know what the individual is overdosing on (the medication is activated by the presence of opioids and poses no risks to those who have not taken opioid drugs)
- Safe for people of all ages, races, and backgrounds
These complete kits are great for keeping in the trunk of police vehicles, where they will always be readily available when responding to emergency calls/situations involving drug overdoses.
Prevent potentially fatal opioid drug overdoses by administering Naloxone to reverse the effects of the overdose. Naloxone is an opioid antagonist that will quickly and effectively counteract the effects of overdoses resulting from the use of opioid drugs, which include:
- Oxycodone (Oxycontin)
- Hydrocodone (Vicodin)
- And other prescription pain medications
**Please note that Naloxone is an opioid antagonist and therefore it will not prevent overdose deaths that are caused by using other types of drugs, such as benzodiazepines like Xanax, Klonopin and Valium, bath salts, cocaine, methamphetamines or alcohol.
Each Kit Includes:
- One 2 ml Naloxone/needless luer-lock syringe
- One mucosal atomization devices
- One pairs of nitrile gloves
- One CPR Face Shields
- One use documentation cards
One educational inserts
Tips for Administering Naloxone:
- Naloxone should be administered as soon as possible after noticing that an individual has lost consciousness, is no longer responding, or has very shallow breathing
- Administer Naloxone according the instructions on the enclosed educational inserts and wear the nitrile gloves to help protect yourself
- After administering Naloxone, use the enclosed CPR Face Shield to perform rescue breathing until the drug kicks in, reawakens the individual, and they resume breathing on their own (which should occur within 2-5 minutes of administering the Naloxone)
- Get the individual to the hospital as soon as is possible. When the individual reawakens they will immediately start experiencing withdrawal symptoms and once the Naloxone wears off (which usually occurs after 30-90 minutes) the overdose symptoms are likely to return and the individual could stop breathing and lose consciousness again
Use the included use documentation card to document when and where the kit was used, who it was used by, and to note any other pertinent information
Distributer: Mountainside Medical Equipment
Product number: MME01
Law enforcement personnel are often the first responders on the scene of cases involving drug overdoses. With 3 out of 4 prescription painkiller overdoses resulting from opioid abuse, equipping law enforcement with the Naloxone First Responder Kits for Police Cars will provide law enforcement personnel with a safe and effective means of reversing opioid overdoses and save more lives.
Ensure that your staff will have the supplies needed to prevent fatal opioid overdoses by ordering today. Orders can be made using our conveniently easy to use website or by calling us at 1-888-687-4334 to speak with one of our friendly and experienced Medical Supply Associates and place an order by phone.