Naloxone Hydrochloride Prefilled Syringe, Luer-Jet 2 mL
Narcan (naloxone hydrochloride) is an opioid antagonist that is used to reverse the effects of life-threatening opioid overdoses and help prevent fatal overdoses. Dispensed in a 2mg/2mL, Luer-Jet™ luer-lock prefilled syringe. This fast-acting drug starts working within 2-5 minutes of administration, reawakening the individual so that they can be taken to receive the medical treatments they need… instead of being taken to a morgue.
How does naloxone work in the body?
Naloxone is used to treat respiratory depression caused by opioids. Opioids produce their effects by acting on opioid receptors in the brain and nervous system. Naloxone works by blocking these opioid receptors, thus stopping opioids from acting on them. This reverses the effects of the opioid.
Naloxone Hydrochloride (nal OKS one hye - droe chlor ide)
Class: Antidote; Opioid antagonist
Index terms: Naloxone Hydrochloride; N-allylnoroxymorphine Hydrochloride
Use: complete or partial reversal of opioid drug effects, including respiratory depression; management of known or suspected opioid overdose; diahnosis of suspected opioid dependence or acute opioid overdose.
- Designed for nasal Use
- An opioid antagonist
- Helps prevent overdose deaths caused by opioids
- Comes pre-filled and ready to use
- Single dose Luer-Jet Luer-Lock Prefilled Syringe
- Each mL contains 1 mg of Naloxone hydrochloride and 8.35 mg of sodium chloride
pH adjusted with hydrochloric acid to meet USP limits of 3.5
- This medication helps prevent fatal overdoses and saves lives!
- Its safe, effective, fast-acting, and easy to use
- Works for people of all ages, races, and backgrounds
- Completely needleless syringe enhances safety and prevents accidental needle sticks
- Complies with OSHA's Needlestick Safety and Prevention Act
- Compatible with most Luer Activated Systems
Advantages of using this pre-filled needless syringe system:
- Its safer – no needles means there aren’t any risks of unintentional needle sticks
- Its quick – it comes pre-measured with the correct dosage and is ready to use, eliminating the need to fill a syringe or set up any IVs
- Its easier to administer with more self-confidence
Remains sterile until the protective caps are removed
Ideal Uses: To prevent and reverse the effects of narcotic drug overdoses. This medication will help reverse the effects of overdoses caused by the use of opioid drugs only, including:
- Oxycodone (Oxycontin)
- Hydrocodone (Vicodin)
And other prescription pain medications
This medication will not offset the effects of overdoses caused by other types of drugs, like benzodiazepines such as Xanax, Klonopin and Valium, bath salts, cocaine, methamphetamine or alcohol
Instructions for Syringe Assembly:
- Use aseptic (sterile) technique
- Do not assembly syringe until its needed for use
- Step 1 – Take the protective caps off the vial and injector
- Step 2 – Thread the vial into the injector by using 3 half turns (or until the stopper is pierced by the metal cannula)
- Step 3 – Remove the cover from the injection tip
Step 4 – Remove excess air before injecting the solution
Recommendations for Optimal Usage:
- This medication should be administered as soon as possible after noticing that a suspected drug user has lost consciousness and is no longer responding or has very shallow breathing. (Administering this drug to someone who has not had a drug overdose will not cause them any harm!)
- Following the administration of this medication rescue breaths should be administered while waiting for the medication to work its magic and reawaken the individual (the individual should regain consciousness within 5 minutes of receiving a dose of Naloxone).
Call 911 immediately, even if the person regains consciousness and seems to be fine… Once the individual awakens they will immediately start experiencing withdrawal symptoms (which can be very severe) and when the Naloxone wears off (which can take anywhere from 30-90 minutes) the overdose symptoms are likely to return and the individual could lose consciousness and stop breathing again.
With the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention revealing that drug overdoses are responsible for more injury deaths than motor vehicle accidents, and opioids being responsible for 3 out of 4 prescription painkiller overdoses, the use of Naloxone is proving to be essential in helping reduce the number of overdose deaths related to opioid usage. Purchase Naloxone today for a great low price by placing an order online, using our easy-to-use website. Orders can also be placed by calling 1-888-687-4334 and speaking with one of our knowledgeable Medical Supply Specialists.