Therapeutic Moisturizing Minerin Cream 16 oz Jar
Therapeutic Moisturizing Minerin Cream is designed to soothe and moisturize very dry, sensitive, skin. While this cream is strong enough to relieve dry skin associated with drying medications, and conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, it is made with a gentle, fragrance-free formula for sensitive skin that will help to restore your skin’s natural protective barrier against the elements.
**Comparable to Eucerin Original Moisturizing Cream
Minerin Cream Features and Benefits:
- Great for psoriasis and eczema
- Helps to restore skin’s natural protective barrier
- Gentle, non-irritating formula
- 16 oz jar
What causes dry skin?
Dry skin can be caused by many different things. A few common causes include:
- The cold, harsh weather or dry air can do it. During the winter, not only does the icy air affect your skin, but having the heat cranked up in your house can, as well. It makes the environment too dry for your skin to hold its moisture.
- Not using the right soap will dry out your skin. Your skin might not be compatible with certain soaps - usually those with lots of perfumes and dyes. Choose a fragrance-free, or unscented soap to ease your skin. For example: olive oil soap utilizes olive oil as a natural moisturizer for the skin to help restore its natural barrier against the elements, leaving it soft, soothed and protected.
- Some people have severe dry skin caused by medical conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis or Diabetes. With people who have diabetes, the dryness is caused by fluctuating glucose levels in the blood. It is important for those with diabetes to stay aware of their skin, and keep it moisturized.
- Certain medications can cause the skin to dry out. Medications that commonly dry out the skin include those for acne and high blood pressure.
Dry, cracked skin is more susceptible to inflammation and infection – and is just generally painful or itchy. It is important to keep your skin healthy and moisturized, in order to protect yourself from infection.