Silver Nitrate Sticks are a flexible caustic applicator that contains 75% silver nitrate and 25% potassium nitrate used for cauterization of skin or mucous membrane for the removal of granulation tissue. Made with a flexible plastic stem that can be molded to better reach smaller crevices, such as the ear, nose and throat. 100 per vial.
Silver Nitrate (SIL ver NYE trate)
Chemical formula: AgNO
Pharmacologic category: Antibiotic, Topical, Catuterizing Agent, Topical; Topical Skin Product, Antibacterial
Purpose: Astringent, cauterization of wounds, germicidal, removal of granulation tissue, corns and warts.
Dosage: Children and Adults: Sticks: Apply to mucous membranes and other moist skin surfaces only on area to be treated.
Avaliable sizes: (6", 12" and 18") lengths
Silver Nitrate Sticks are commonly used in healthcare facilities to help remove tissue, and to cauterize areas such as nose bleeds or post bioptic cervical nicks. These silver nitrate applicators are unique because they can be molded to suit your patient’s individual need without the worry of splinters. They are hygienic, have a lengthy 2 year shelf life, and are easy to use.
What are warts?
Warts are small harmless tumors of the skin caused by a virus. Most are well-defined. Warts are categorized by location and appearance.
Types of Warts and locations on the body:
Common (verruca vulgaris)
- Rough, elevated, rounded surface
- Appears most commonly on limbs, particularly hands and fingers
- Most prevalent in children and young adults
- Single, thin, threadlike projection
- Commonly occurs around the face and neck
- Rough, irregularly shaped, elevated surface
- Occurs around edges of fingernails and toenails
- When severe, may extend under the nail and lift it off the nail bed, causing pain
- Multiple groupings of to several hundred slightly raised lesions with smooth, flat, or slightly rounded tops
- Common on the face, neck, chest, knees, dorsa of hands, wrists, and flexor surfaces of the forearms
- Usually in children but can affect adults
- Distribution usually linear because spreading possible from scratching or shaving
- Slightly elevated or flat
- Occur singly or in large custers (mosaic warts), primarily at pressure points of the feet
- Fingerlike, horny projection arising from a pea-shaped base
- On scalp or near hairline
Condyloma acuminatum (moist wart)
- Usually small, pink to red, moist, and soft
- Single or in large cauliflower-like clusters on the penis, scrotum, vulva, or anus
- May be transmitted through sexual contact; not always venereal in origin
Complications with removal: Scarring, Recurrence of wart and formation of keloid
Other treatment options:
- General: Cryotherapy
- Surgery: Electrodesiccation and curettage (removing warts by electrosurgery)
- Carbon dioxide laser therapy
|Manufacturer||Tech-Med Services Inc|
Discreet DeliveryWe take your privacy seriously. Enjoy safe, secure online shopping.
Fast ShippingOrders are shipped from our warehouse within 12 to 24 hrs.
Affiliate ProgramWant to earn extra money? Join our Affiliate Program today!