Whether you have osteoarthritis (OA) or an autoimmune form of arthritis like Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), Mountain Ice can help! The potent combination of all-natural ingredients in Mountain Ice is uniquely formulated to deal with all facets of arthritis: preventing inflammatory response, reducing swelling, alleviating pain and stiffness, increasing mobility, and repairing joint tissue. Mountain Ice does more than relieve pain -- it penetrates deep into your joints to address pain and inflammation at their source.
1. Aloe Vera
- Prevents inflammation by inhibiting the inflammatory enzyme, cyclooxygenase.
2. Tea Tree Oil
- Contains terpinen-4-ol, which suppresses the production of chemical mediators of inflammation. This prevents inflammatory response.
- Effectiveness in reducing inflammation in autoimmune skin conditions suggests potential effectiveness for autoimmune forms of arthritis.
3. Arnica Flower Extract
- Contains helenalin, a chemical compound that inhibits production of inflammatory proteins, preventing and reducing inflammation.
- Contains thymol, a vasodilator that increases blood flow to alleviate muscle and joint stiffness.
- Reduces inflammation by blocking inflammatory proteins.
- Reduces pain by numbing nerve endings, producing a cooling sensation.
- Improves circulation, alleviating muscle and joint stiffness.
- Antispasmodic properties reduce the muscle spasms and cramps common with arthritis, particularly RA.
5. Chondroitin Sulfate
- Enhances shock-absorbing properties of collagen, helping joints resist damage.
- Blocks enzymes that break down cartilage.
- Helps cartilage retain water, decreasing friction on joints and distributing pressure over a wider area, which reduces joint wear.
- A natural compound found in joint cartilage that helps to grow and repair cartilage, preventing wear & tear that causes OA.
- Lubricates joints and helps cartilage retain water, preventing it from breaking down. Strong cartilage means less wear on joints.
7. MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)
- As an organic sulfur compound, is required to form and repair connective tissue, healing joint damage.
- Diminishes nerve impulses that transmit pain signalling.
8. Hyaluronic Acid
- Binds to water in the joint, creating a viscous fluid that improves lubrication and acts as a shock absorber for stress on the joint.
- Promotes tissue growth in cartilage, strengthening connective tissue between bones.
- Regulates inflammation in damaged tissue, preventing excess inflammatory response.
9. Ilex Paraguariensis Leaf (Yerba Mate)
- Inhibits the migration of white blood cells called leukocytes to inflammatory sites. This reduces additional damage in areas of chronic inflammation, as well as alleviates pain.
- Reduces concentrations of exudate, excess fluid responsible for the pleural effusion associated with Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Stimulates cold receptors in the skin, providing a cooling effect that desensitizes nerve endings.
- Reduces local blood flow to the area of application, reducing swelling and inflammation.
- Curcumin, the main chemical in turmeric, blocks cytokines and enzymes involved in inflammation response, including 5-LOX and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2). This reduces joint inflammation.
12. Vitamin E
- Promotes rebuilding of the plasma membrane around cells, helping to strengthen the connective tissue around bones and joints.
- A powerful antioxidant that combats oxidative stress, which can cause long-term cell damage.
- Inhibits the release of proinflammatory cytokines, proteins that signal inflammatory response, in order to prevent inflammation.