Patient Safety Awareness Week starts on Sunday, March 8, 2020 and goes through Saturday March 14, 2020. Do you work in the health industry? What’s your hospital/organization planning on doing to get involved?
There are many ways to get involved and educate yourself as well as others. Here are a few places to start:
• Create a Patient Safety Pledge and encourage employees to take the pledge in order to raise awareness and educate
• Send out weekly emails with safety tips for all employees
• Educate yourself on what you can do to keep yourself healthy and safe. The CDC https://www.cdc.gov is always a great resource for finding out the latest information on health, diseases and conditions and emergency preparedness
• Offer staff members trivia games regarding patient safety. Winning team gets a prize!
• Share what your organization is doing to recognize Patient Safety Awareness Week on your social media pages
• Encourage individuals to visit online forums to connect with others to discuss best practices and discover the latest ideas for participating in Patient Safety Awareness Week.
For more great resources on health and safety that you can share, check out the following links: