Posted on September 13 2018
Mother Nature is a powerful force that should not be taken lightly. As many people have been following the news in the recent week, Hurricane Florence is expected to unleash her wrath on the Carolina Coast today. While majority of the population in North Carolina and South Carolina have evacuated, some have chosen to ride out the storm in all its fury.
When natural disasters strike, and unfortunately they will, it's best to be on guard and be prepared for the unexpected. That's where we can help you! Here at Mountainside Medical Equipment, we have many Disaster Relief, First Aid, and Personal Hygiene Kits that can help you though any situation, big or small.
These following kits contain the necessary equipment one would need to survive a harrowing experience, be it a hurricane, severe snowstorm, power outages, tornadoes, fires, or other emergencies:
The Disaster First Aid Supply Kit contains the basic and necessary medical supplies to treat minor cuts, scrapes, burns, and bites. First Aid Sprays, Burn Gels, Topical Ointments, Band-Aids, and Bandages are included to help prevent infection and relieve pain. Included in this kit are the following:
- 1 Instant Cold Pack to reduce swelling and pain
- 1 Sterile Krinkle Gauze Bandage (6-ply)
- 3 Sting Relief Insect Bite Antiseptic Premoistened Towelettes with Lidocaine HCI
- 6 Sani Hands Instant Hand Sanitizing Wipes with 70% alcohol as an antiseptic.
This one kit provides the essential tools for minor wound repair, and safely disinfects and treats minor injuries related to the emergency.
Introducing our brand new, and one-of-a-kind Emergency Trauma Response - Stop the Bleed Kit.
Our kit contains FDA approved medical products that can be used to assist EMS first responders who are on the scene of an emergency situation. As we've seen in the past few years, emergencies can happen anywhere, anytime, and to any amount of people. This kit provides you with the tools you need to assist yourself or your fellow peers while EMS responders can attend to the severely injured.
During an emergency, we know that time is of the essence, so we designed this package to aid first responders in their journey to help those wounded. Included in this kit are supplies that can slow bleeding, cover wounds, and revive individuals with our CPR masks.
Also included, are the following items below:
- 1 Halo Chest Bandage: which is specifically designed to treat penetrating chest wounds along with securing other wound dressings.
- 1 QuikLitter Emergency Stretcher: which features 10 large hand holds - 4 on each side and 1 each at the head and foot - that allows for easy patient handling and transportation.
- 2 Extra Large (10" X 30") Multi-Trauma Dressings: especially designed for burns, lacerations, and fractures.
- 2 Dyna Blood Stopper Trauma Gauze Roll Bandages: used to cover wounds, burns, and can be used as an arm sling.
- 2 Emergency High Strength Pressure Bandage Tourniquets: used to stop bleeding from hemorrhagic wounds caused by traumatic injuries.
- 2 CPR Pocket Resuscitator Masks: used to administer oxygen ventilation, or emergency breathing to a non-breathing child or adult.
- 4 C-A-T Black Tourniquets: used and proven 100% effective by the United States Army's Institute of Surgical Research to help control severe blood loss from a traumatic injury or hemorrhage.
- 2 Foil Heat Reflective Survival Wraps (52" X 84"): helps to maintain body temperature.
- 1 Blood Clotting Spray: aids in control of superficial bleeding, and relieves minor pain from cuts, burns, and scrapes. Also helps prevent infection.
- 1 Topical Skin Refrigerant Cold Spray: used to relieve minor pain, and swelling of sprains, bruises, and contusions.
- 1 Protective Coating Bandage Spray: used to provide a protective coating over cuts, scrapes, burns, and more.
- 4 Pair Nitrile Gloves: provide flexibility, strength & durability.
- 1 Pair Trauma Shears: used to quickly and safely cut clothing from injured personnel.
The Disaster Relief Hygiene Kit contains all of the personal hygiene supplies that you would need during a natural disaster. Supplies will NOT expire, and are packed in a zip-lock bag to stay dry. This kit includes the following items:
- 1 Soft Bristle Toothbrush in a box
- 1 Bottle of Freshscent Tearless Shampoo and Body Wash
One of these kits feature 8 key components that won't expire and will last you for over a week. They are the key ingredients you will need to cleanse yourself, and all you would need to add is water.
When natural disasters occur, you need to be prepared for anything and everything. In events such as Hurricane Florence, power outages are likely, flooding is imminent, and it's key to have the necessary items to take with you in case such events occur. Let us help you! And, don't forget, we even offer items for safety as you evacuate or ride out the storm with your beloved pets!
If you would like to purchase one of our Disaster Relief Kits, or to donate one of them to those along the Southeast Coast, please give us a call at 1-888-687-4334 to order and speak with one of our friendly and knowledgeable customer service staff!
On behalf of all of us at Mountainside Medical Equipment, to those who are in the path of Hurricane Florence, we are thinking of you and praying for your safety during this critical time.