RID Lice Killing Shampoo with Metal Hair Comb
RID Lice Shampoo with Comb is an effective lice-killing hair wash. Conveniently packaged with a specialized lice and nit comb, this shampoo is an all-in-one shampoo and conditioner that will kill lice and nits without leaving a chemical residue behind. Nothing has been proven more effective than RID for this task!
RID Lice Shampoo with Comb Features:
How does RID Lice Shampoo work?
Millions of kids get head lice every year, which is why it is so important to know how to recognize this problem in your child and how to get rid of them. Nothing has been proven to work better than this lice treatment. RID shampoo works in three easy steps:
- Apply RID Lice Shampoo to DRY hair (water will dilute the solution and render it less effective). For head lice, start with the areas behind the ears and on the back of the neck and make sure to cover the hair from root to tip.
- Let set for no more than 10 minutes and then wash with warm water to form a lather, and rinse thoroughly.
- Next, towel dry the hair and comb out the tangles. To remove lice and nits, use the included fine-toothed lice removing comb.
- Repeat in 7-10 days to kill newly hatched lice and make sure that you are officially rid of them.
About Head Lice
Signs & Symptoms of Head Lice:
- Ticklish sensation caused by the activity of lice.
- Itching caused by allergic reaction to bites.
- Sores caused by scratching bites too frequently.
Catching Head Lice:
Preschool and elementary school children are most at-risk for catching head lice, which spread most readily through direct contact. This often happens while children are at play together, or together during school or sports. Head lice can also spread via infested clothing, especially hats, hair ribbons, or scarves; through infested brushes, combs, and towels; or even through infested furniture like beds and pillows.
Common Head Lice Myths:
- Pets and other animals do not play a role in their spread.
- Anyone can get a head lice infestation, and it is not a sign of poor hygiene.
Spotting Head Lice:
The simplest way to diagnose head lice is to find them on the scalp or hair of a person by using a fine-toothed comb and magnifying glass to search. Although small and fast-moving, a louse or nymph (an immature louse) may be found, particularly around the ears or near the neckline at the back of the head. Nits, or lice eggs, can be found attached to the hair shaft near the scalp.
Treating Head Lice:
In addition to the RID product instructions outlined above, treating a head lice infestation can be a multi-step process, as all other members of an affected person's household should be checked for signs of lice and treated if diagnosed. Bedding, clothing, pillow cases, towels, and other fabric items worn or used by the affected should be thoroughly machine washed and dried with hot water and hot air cycles.
Learn more about preventing, spotting, and treating head lice at our blog!
Order online today to save on RID Lice Shampoo with Comb 8 oz, or call to speak with an attentive customer service associate by phone at 1-888-687-4334.