Antiseptic Skin Cleanser Chlorhexidine Gluconate (CHG) 4% Bottle 32oz - Generic Hibiclens
- Contains 4% CHG (Chlorhexidine Gluconate)
- Compare to active ingredient in Hibiclens
- Reduces the number of microorganisms on the skin prior to surgery or patient care.
- Prevents skin infections.
- For use as a patient preoperative skin prep, wound cleansing and healthcare personnel hand wash
This antiseptic skin cleanser provides effective defense against the spread of infections.
The active ingredient, chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG), begins to kill germs on contact. It bonds with the skin and sustains its antimicrobial activity for up to six hours. Effectiveness increases with use due to a cumulative effect and it keeps on killing microorganisms, even after washing. Clinical studies show that a 4% CHG solution is helpfull in reducing healthcare facilities infection rates.
The 4% chlorhexidine gluconate solution is in a gentle, skin cleansing base that can be used for:
- Daily patient bed baths
- Surgical hand scrubbing
- Personnel hand washing
- Preoperative skin preparation