Blood Glucose Monitors
Many different brands are available with a wide range of features and advantages. Blood glucose monitors that are suitable for another diabetic might not be appropriate for you.
So before buying, read the specifications of each monitor carefully. And look for this information:
- How fast does the meter give results? Times can range from 5 to 30 seconds.
- How large a blood sample is taken? The smaller the sample, the less discomfort.
- Is the display easy to read?
- Does the monitor allow for multiple test sites, such as the finger, palm, thigh or abdomen?
- Is calibration done automatically?
- Does the glucose monitor allow you to store test results? If so, for how many days?
- Does it allow you to download the results to your PC?
Of course, you may not need all of these features. The blood glucose monitors with the more basic features tend to have smaller price tags! The most important feature is accuracy of results.
Our Favorite Glucose Monitors
At Mountainside Medical, we stock only blood glucose monitors made by trusted manufacturers such as: Bayer, Roche, Abbott and Hypoguard. We invite you to browse their product lines keeping the seven points above in mind.
If you have any questions about our blood glucose monitors or how to order them, feel free to contact us.