Flu Prevention For Businesses
Every year the seasonal flu affects attendance at the workplace, causing work backups and fluidity chaos. As employers, it is helpful to instate a flu prevention initiative in the workplace where employees can be educated on how to avoid the flu.
Some things an employer may want to include in their flu prevention initiative are:
- Lead by example and get your preventative flu shot. If you do get the flu, stay home for an entire 24 hours after your fever reduces (without help of medication) as directed by the CDC.
- Some businesses host a vaccination clinic for employees and the community. Not only is it good advertising for your business, but it helps others stay healthy.
- Promote a flu vaccination clinic within your community.
- Provide timely and accurate literature to your employees including flu-facts and healthy habits
- Provide hand sanitizers and antibacterial soap for proper hand sanitization.
- Learn the symptoms of the flu, protect your healthy employees by sending home sick ones who display flu symptoms.
The workplace, like children's schools, are breeding grounds for germs and are easily spread because of the frequent close contact employees have with each other. 5% - 20% of the U.S. population will still get the flu, even if they follow preventative measures. Some of this percentage will include employees and will affect the way your business operates. However, keeping healthy employees healthy can be more beneficial than losing one sick person for a few days.
To purchase disinfectants and flu prevention supplies, simply place your order online, or call to speak with one of our helpful Medical Supply Representatives for more information at 1-888-687-4334.