The Assure 4 Blood Glucose Monitoring System is a professional grade solution for diabetes management in long term care facilities. Featuring a 50 test memory and large, easy-to-read display, this meter is fast, accurate, and user friendly.
How to code the Assure 4 Blood Glucose Meter
- For each code chip with a new bottle of strips, insert it into the code chip port.
- Insert a test strip into the meter and verify all symbols appear.
- Ensure the code number matches that on the test strip bottle.
How to test blood sugar with the Assure 4 Glucose Monitor
- Remove a new test strip from the bottle and insert it into the meter.
- Verify the code number matches that on the side of the bottle.
- The flashing blood droplet indicates the meter is ready to use.
- Lance the fingertip and apply blood to the reaction zone on the strip.
- Once blood is detected, the meter will count down from 10.
- Read results and remove the test strip to power down the meter.
How to perform a control solution test with the Assure 4 System
- Insert a new test strip into the meter and verify the code number.
- Press the main button once for level 1 or twice for level 2 control solution.
- Mix the control solution, discard the first drop, apply the second to the cap.
- Bring test strip reaction zone to the drop on the cap.
- Compare the result to the range on the test strip bottle.
- Remove and discard the used test strip.
How to troubleshoot the Assure 4
- ""Lo"" displays if the result is below 30 mg/dL
- ""Hi"" displays if the result is over 550 mg/dL
- ""L1"" displays to apply Level 1 control solution
- ""L2"" displays to apply Level 2 control solution
- An unhappy face displays if a used test strip is inserted or if the machine is malfunctioning.