Essential Reusable Underpad with Side Tucks 36" x 72"
$ 36.99 $ 38.95
Essential Medical Reusable Underpad with Flaps Underpad is designed to provide you with a quality underpad for protection against incontinence. Made with a quilted cotton topsheet and waterproof backing, this washable underpad has flaps that can be tucked in to your furniture for a secure fit around your furniture or bedding.
Reusable Underpad with Flaps Features:
- 36" X 72" Size
Birdseye 100% cotton quilted top sheet
- Quilted top sheets with waterproof back
- Heavyweight 8 oz. liquidfill absorbent center
- Machine washable/dryable up to 300 times
- C2009 Has Elastic Securing Straps on All 4 Corners to Attach to Bed
Caring for an elderly Alzheimer’s patient usually means that you will be helping them with an incontinence problem. Here are some quick tips for efficiently dealing with possible accidents:
- Look for and respond quickly to verbal and non-verbal signs that the person has to use the restroom. The quicker you respond, the less chance there is that they will have an accident.
- Schedule ritual bathroom times. If you take them every two hours to use the restroom, this could help to “train” the bladder.
- Keep the patient away from fluids a couple hours prior to bedtime, especially caffeine. This will help with overnight incidents.
- Put up signs or illustrations showing them where the bathroom is so that they can find their way themselves when they have to go.
- Use incontinence products such as adult diapers or underpadding to protect clothing and furniture. This will make the situation easier on you and the patient. These products are available in both disposable and reusable forms and are easy to apply and remove.