Quality Choice Enema Sodium Phosphate
$ 1.28 $ 1.97
Quality Choice Sodium Phosphate Enema is a ready-to-use, rectal solution used to relieve occasional constipation or cleanse bowels before rectal examinations. Its comfortable, lubricated tip works in minutes.
Single daily dosage
Do not use more unless directed by a doctor. See Warnings.
- Adults and Children 12 years and over: 1 Bottle
- Children 2 to 11 years: 1/2 bottle once daily
- Children under 2 years: DO NOT USE
- Each 118 mL delivered dose contains: sodium 4.4 g.
- This product generally produces a bowel movement in 1-5 minutes.
- Carton sealed for safety. If seal on top flap is torn or missing, do not use.
- Consult PHYSICIAN'S DESK REFERENCE® for complete professional labeling.
Do not use in patients with congestive heart failure, clinically significant impairment of renal function, ascites, known or suspected gastrointestinal obstruction, megacolon (congenital or acquired) or imperforate anus.
Use with caution in patients with impaired renal function or pre-existing electrolyte disturbances, or in patients on diuretics or other medications which may affect electrolyte levels or where colostomy exists. Since Quality Choice Enema contains sodium phosphates, there is a risk of elevated serum levels of sodium and phosphate and decreased levels of calcium and potassium, and consequently hypernatremia, hyperphosphatemia, hypocalcemia, hypokalemia and acidosis may occur. This is of particular concern in children with megacolon or any other condition where there is retention of enema solution. Additional liquids by mouth are recommended.
Quality Choice Enema Sodium Phosphate Tagsdisposable enema |
You also Viewed
As my elderly mother's caregiver, I purchased these generic enemas to use as needed. However, she recently fell and broke her hip. She's in rehab now, and I haven't had a chance to use these, but I'm sure they work as well as the brand name enema.