Rapid Response Strep A Testing Kit 25/Box (CLIA Waived)
$ 34.00 $ 46.95
Test for strep a in your office quickly with Rapid Response Strep A Testing Kit. CLIA waived, rapid strep a detection kit. This kit uses a throat swab specimen technique, to aid in the diagnosis of Group A Streptococcal infections. During testing, the extracted throat swab specimen reacts with an antibody to Strep A that is coated onto particles. The mixture migrates up the membrane to react with the antibody to Strep A on the membrane and generates a red line in the test region. FDA Approved Product and Clia Waived.
- (25) Dip Test Strips
- (25) Disposable extraction test tubes
- (25) Sterile Swabs (Dacron)
- (1) Reagent A (2M Sodium Nitrite)
- (1) Reagent B (0.4M) Acetic Acid)
- (1) Positive control (Non-viable Strep A; 0.1% Nan3)
- (1) Negative control (Non-viable Strep C'0.1% Nan3)
(1) Procedure card -package insert
The presence of a red line in the test region indicates a positive result, while its absence indicates a negative result.
- 95% overall accuracy in Rare and 1+ colonies vs. Culture (Gold Standard)
- Easy to read results within five minutes or less -Internal and external controls included in each kit
12 month dating from manufacturer
What is streptococcus (Strep A)?
Group A streptococcus (Strep Throat) is a bacterium that is commonly found in the throat and on the skin. The letter "A" refers to a classification of bacteria in the genus Streptococcus according to the makeup of the organism's cell wall. Group A strep bacteria might cause no symptoms of disease, but they can also cause infections that range from mild to life-threatening. There are two types of very serious group A strep infections are necrotizing fasciitis and streptococcal toxic shock syndrome.