ZIMHI Autoinjector Naloxone Hydrochloride 5mg/0.5mL Prefilled Syringe for Injection, 2-Pack
ZIMHI Autoinjector Naloxone Hydrochloride Prefilled Syringe for Injection, 2-Pack. NDC: 78670-0140-02 Manufactured by Adamis Pharmaceuticals.
ZIMHI is an opioid antagonist indicated for the emergency treatment of an opioid overdose, as manifested by respiratory and/or central nervous system depression in adult and pediatric patients. ZIMHI is intended for immediate administration as emergency therapy in settings where opioids may be present.
Brand: Adamis Pharmaceuticals
Use ZIMHI for known or suspected opioid overdose in adults and children.
ZIMHI is intended to be administered by people 12 years of age or older. Younger children or those with limited hand strength may find the device difficult to use.
Read this Instructions for Use carefully before you use this product.
Before you need to use your ZIMHI syringe make sure your healthcare provider shows you the right way to use it. Parents, caregivers, and others who may be in a position to administer ZIMHI should also understand how to use it. If you have questions, ask your healthcare provider.
Get Ready to Use ZIMHI
ZIMHI works like a standard pre-filled syringe.
ZIMHI is injected downwards, into the middle of the outer thigh, (as shown), through clothing if needed.
Ready to Use ZIMHI
Place the patient on their back.
When ready to inject, pull off cap to expose needle.
Do not put finger on top of the device.
In children under the age of 1 year old, pinch the thigh muscle while administering the dose.
Hold ZIMHI by finger grips only and slowly insert the needle into the thigh.
After needle is in thigh: Push the plunger all the way down until it clicks and hold for 2 seconds.
Right after the injection, using one hand with fingers behind the needle, slide the safety guard over the needle. Do not use two hands to activate the safety guard. Put the used syringe into the blue case and close the case.
Get emergency medical help now
Tell healthcare provider that you gave an injection of naloxone hydrochloride.
Turn the patient on their side (recovery position) after giving ZIMHI.
Use second syringe if needed
You may need a second ZIMHI syringe if symptoms continue or return.
If symptoms return after an injection with ZIMHI, an additional injection using another ZIMHI pre-filled syringe may be needed. Give additional injections using a new ZIMHI pre-filled syringe every 2 to 3 minutes and continue to closely watch the person until emergency help is received. Using ZIMHI does not take the place of emergency medical care.
After Use and Disposal
- ZIMHI is a single-dose pre-filled syringe that delivers a fixed dose of naloxone hydrochloride. The pre-filled syringe cannot be reused. It is normal for most of the medicine to remain in the syringe after the dose has been injected.
- The correct dose has been injected if the plunger has been pushed all the way down and the solution window is at least partially blocked.
- Tell the healthcare provider that you have received or administered an injection of naloxone hydrochloride. Show the healthcare provider where the injection was administered.
- Give your used ZIMHI syringe, contained in the blue case, to the healthcare provider for inspection and proper disposal.
For more information see Patient Information sheet or ask your healthcare provider.
How to Store — Keep ZIMHI in its plastic case nearby and ready for use at all times.
- Store at controlled room temperature, between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C). Do not expose to extreme cold or heat. For example, do not store in your vehicle's glove box and do not store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Store the ZIMHI syringe in its closed plastic case to protect from light.