Genius 2 Tympanic Ear Thermometer with Base
Genius 2 Thermometer is an electronic ear thermometer that measures the core body temperature for a true accurate reading. Some may ask how accurate are Tympanic Ear Thermometer? And the answer is very accurate! The Genius 2 Tympanic Thermometer measures the human body's core body temperature through an infrared light in a matter of one to two seconds. The Core Body temperature is the measurement of a reflection of the body's true organs such as: the Brain, Liver and Heart. The Genius 2 Thermometer complies with ASTM and CEN world standards and meets United States Federal Regulations. The Genius 2 Thermometer has set a new health care industry standard in measuring body temperatures with its new advanced smart tympanic membrane technology. This new technology obtains an accurate, non-invasive temperature reading from the smart tympanic membrane, which shares the same blood flow as the hypothalamus, the body's internal thermostat. The Covidien (Kendall) Genius 2 Thermometer, has a smaller tapered probe for increased durability and patient comfort, and also allows for easy alignment with the ear canal, minimizing technique errors. Records and analyzes up to 100 temperature measurements, and selects the most accurate reading in less than 2 seconds.
Genius 2 Thermometer uses its proprietary peak select system to determine the body’s accurate temperature directly from the tympanic membrane. Count on GENIUS 2 to deliver an accurate temperature while saving staff time, minimizing infection control concerns and ultimately paving the way for better patient care.
Genius 2 Thermometer Options:
- 303000 Genius 2 Thermometer with Base
- 303030 Genius 2 Thermometer Probe Covers - 96 per Box (6 trays of 16)
How do infrared tympanic thermometers work?
Infrared thermometers detect the heat waves that all objects naturally generate; the stronger the wave, the warmer the temperature of the object. Infrared thermometers work like cameras, taking a "picture" of the heat generated by the eardrum and surrounding tissue. And since heat waves travel at the speed of light, temperature can be read in just one second.
Temperature Guidelines Reference
Range of Normal Temperatures - 97.5-99.1 F - 36.4-37.3 C
Fever - 100.4 F - 38 C
Low Grade Fever - 101.0 F - 38.3 C
High Grade Fever - >102.9 F - >39.4 C
Hyperthermia (Neurologic Damage) - 107.6 F - 42 C
Mild Hypothermia - 93-96.8F - 34-36 C
Severe Hypothermia - <86 F - <30 C
Genius Thermometer Benefits:
- Recessed lens enhances accuracy and repeatability.
- Holds 50 percent more probes than previous model and are ASTM and CEN compliant.
- Battery Life: Three AAA alkaline batteries last for 15,000 scans
- Tapered Probe Designs - Facilitates proper alignment with the ear canal
- Tip Based Sensor Technology - Improves accuracy and repeatability and minimizes the need for recalibration
- PEAK SELECT SYSTEM - Records & analyzes up to 100 measurements per scans
- Rapid Response Time - Easy to use
- Programmable Display - Allows the Thermometer to be customized according to hospital protocol
- No-Touch Probe Covers - Enhanced infection control
- Real Time Temperature - Accurate readings to improve clinical outcomes
- F/C Toggle Button - Customize temperature read outs to follow facility protocol
- Pulse Timer - Convenient for pulse and respiration monitoring
- Extended Battery Life - Take 15,000 readings on 3 AA batteries
- Easy Load Probe Covers (Thermometer) - Ease of use
- Easy Load Probe Covers (Base) - Quick and Easy Loading
- ASTM and CEN Compliants - Ensures accuracy and dependability
- FAC System (Fast Ambient Change) - Ensures accurate reading in fluctuating ambient temperatures