The Assure Platinum Blood Glucose Monitor is one of the most effective auto-code meters available on the market for home and facility testing. Designed for multi-resident use, the Platinum is a top choice in long term care facilities for diabetes management.
Using the Assure Platinum to test Blood Glucose Levels
- Remove a test strip from the bottle and replace the cap immediately.
- Insert the new test strip into the top of the meter, contact bars first.
- Verify the strip and flashing blood drop indicator are displayed.
- Lance the fingertip or alternate site and apply a drop of blood to the strip.
- Make sure the blood is applied within 20 seconds of lancing.
- The meter will show a ""7"" and count down.
- If no ""7"" appears replace the strip and restart procedure.
- After 7 seconds the result will show on the screen.
- Turn the meter upside-down and press the test strip release button
- The meter will automatically power down when the strip is removed.
Using the Assure Platinum to Perform a Control Solution Test
- Insert a new test strip as if performing a blood glucose test.
- Ensure test strip and flashing blood drop indicator are displayed.
- Press the forward or back button to enter control solution mode.
- A control solution bottle indicator should be shown.
- Mix the control solution and discard the first drop.
- Place the second drop of control solution on the clean bottle cap.
- Bring the test strip in the meter to the solution.
- Check the result against the acceptable ranges on the test strip bottle.
- Do not use the system of the results are out of range.
- Repeat with new strip and second control solution.
Understanding the Assure Platinum Glucose Monitor Messages
- ""PCS"" or a Bell-shaped icon signals the need for a control solution test.
- ""LO"" Displays if the result is below 20 mg/dL
- ""HI"" Displays if the result is over 600 mg/dL
- ""E00"" Displays if the battery has been replaced, reset date and time
- ""E01"" Displays if a used strip is inserted or the meter is having trouble with the one that has been inserted.
- ""E13"" Displays if not enough blood was added to the test strip.