Top 10 Flu Prevention Tips
Every year the seasonal flu strikes 5% - 20% of the US population with death rates ranging between 3,000 – 49,000, depending on the flu strain. Keys to effective flu prevention are quite simple. Here are the Top 10 Flu Prevention Tips to help prevent the spread of germs during flu season:
- Get a yearly flu shot early in the season.
- Use a tissue when sneezing or coughing. If tissues are unavailable, sneeze or cough into your elbow or shoulder.
- Never sneeze or cough into your hands.
- Wash hands often and vigorously for at least 20 seconds.
- Always use antibacterial soap along with warm water when washing hands.
- During times where access to a sink is not possible, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid close contact with those stricken by the flu.
- Sanitize surfaces regularly with a surface disinfectant.
- Know the symptoms of the flu so that you can get treated.
- You can also wear a facemask or gloves for added protection.
Get all of your seasonal flu preventative gear at a great price by calling us at 1-888-687-4334 and speaking with one of our medical supply professionals. You can also place your order directly through our website.