Top 10 Must Have Wheelchair Accessories
There are many accessories one can get for their wheelchair, to make use and daily life easier. Here is our top ten choices for must have accessories (in no particular order).
1. Wheelchair Cushions: Great for providing added comfort and support to seats and backs, wheelchair cushions can also help reduce the risk of sores and pressure ulcers for those who spend greater amounts of time in a wheelchair.
3. Wheelchair Storage Bags: Storage bags for wheelchairs usually attach to the back of the seat or armrest and allow wheelchair users to transport necessities with them. There are also oxygen tank holders and urinary drainage bag holders for those who need routine respiratory therapy or need to be catheterized.
4. Wheel Lock Extensions: Provide easier access to the wheel locks so that the user does not have to strain to reach during use.
5. Wheelchair Canopies and Covers: Wheelchair ponchos, lap blankets and modesty aprons help keep your chair clean while outdoors and the user's lap covered as needed.
6. Flags and equipment holders allow you to stay safe and allow you to transport necessary equipment as needed.
7. Wheelchair Ramps: Enhancements made to the exterior of a building can make it easier to get into and out of the home or facility.
8. Lap Cushions and Trays: These provide added stability for meals and other activities performed in a wheelchair.
9. Cup holders and Cell Phone Holders: These are very common and can be readily avaialble in a wheelchair bag or tray.
10. Wheelchair Tie-Down Systems: These make transport easier and allow the user to attach the wheelchair to many types of vehicles safely while traveling.
For more information regarding wheelchairs and Top 10 Must Have Wheelchair Accessories, browse our website or call 1-888-687-4334 for further assistance.