Biafine Burn Wound Management Topical Emulsion Cream 45 gram
$ 88.95 $ 125.95
Biafine is used to treat burns, skin irritations, superficial wounds and dryness. Its popularity in France has been for its hydrating properties and effectiveness on sunburned skin and scrapes. Clinical studies were conducted in the United States for burns, wound healing and radiation.
Application Wound and burn management involve methods to enhance tissue regeneration and to minimize infection during the healing process. Since autolytic debridement is the preferred method for removing dead and scarred tissue, moist dressings are needed and must be changed daily. Biafine is liberally applied to the skin and covered with a dressing, such as gauze. The dressing is changed every 24 hours, with reapplication of Biafine.
Effects While Biafine is an emulsion, it is non-comedogenic because it stimulates tissue debridement, hydration and regeneration. It promotes antibacterial activity. Initial application may produce a slight tingling sensation from the penetrating properties of the formulation. Biafine has been studied in clinical trials for use after plastic and cosmetic surgery.
Contraindications and Warnings Biafine is for topical use only and should not be used on bleeding wounds and skin rashes (especially those caused by an allergic reaction). All wounds, burns and irritations should be cleaned before application and bandaging. Biafine does not contain any sunscreen, because it is applied after prolonged sun exposure.
- A highly effective cream with many uses
- A topical non-steroid medication
- Deeply penetrating
- Made with non-toxic ingredients
- Available in a 45 gram tube
- Stimulates tissue debridement, hydration, and regeneration
- Creates a healthy wound healing environment
- Promotes autolytic debridement
- Safe for use by people of all ages
- Safe to use daily without adverse reactions
- Made with an herbal water-base
- An extremely popular product routinely found in French medicine cabinets for over 25 years
- Creating an effective moist wound healing environment
- Treating severe burns in hospitals and burn clinics
- A must-have for treating sunburns
- Treating post-radiation burns, such as with cancer patients
- Treating scrapes and minor abrasions
- Softening scar-tissue and dead ‘superficial’ tissue
- Promoting the healing of donor sites and dermal ulcers
- Minimizing scarring from plastic surgery, laser peels, and dermabrasion
- Purified water, liquid paraffin, stearic acid, ethylene glycol, paraffin wax, propylene glycol, squalane, avocado oil, Trolamine/sodium alginate (an active ingredient), triethanolamine, cetyl palmitate, methylparaben (sodium salt), sorbic acid (potassium salt), propylparaben (sodium salt), and fragrance
Brand: Valeant Pharmaceuticals Int
Size: 45 grams
Create a healthier wound healing environment by using the Biafine Topical Emulsion. Take advantage of special low pricing and order today! Simply place your order online through our website or by calling 1-888-687-4334 and speaking with one of our astounding Medical Supply Associates.