on US orders over $100
on all US orders over $100
An emergency medical crisis can occur at any time. When an emergency strikes, are you prepared? Do you have the necessary equipment to not only help yourself if you are injured, but to assist others as well?
According to United Nations statistics, there were 212 disasters in the United States between 2005-2014, causing $443 billion in damage, a higher cost than faced by any other nation. And these statistics largely focus on weather-related disasters like floods, storms, droughts, and extreme temperatures.
Incidents stemming from human actions are in a different category, and this year alone there have been 257 gun incidents classified as mass shootings. And these account for a relatively small portion of gun incidents, with over 100,000 gun injuries in the United States every year.
Here at Mountainside Medical Equipment, our first priority is ensuring that you are aware, prepared, and ready to respond in the midst of a medical crisis with our highest quality, FDA approved medical supplies. Research shows that ambulance response times are typically 7-8 minutes, but can rise to 14 minutes in rural areas. This gap between the call and the ambulance's arrival is crucial, and can make the difference between life or death. That's why we're offering our Emergency Trauma Response: Stop the Bleed Kit.
Our kit contains FDA approved medical products that can be used to assist EMS first responders who are on the scene of an emergency situation. As we've seen in the past few years, emergencies can happen anywhere, anytime, and to any amount of people. This kit provides you with the tools you need to assist yourself or your fellow peers while EMS responders can attend to the severely injured.
During an emergency, we know that time is of the essence, so we designed this package to aid first responders in their journey to help those wounded. Included in this kit are supplies that can slow bleeding, cover wounds, and revive individuals with our CPR masks.
Also included, are the following items below:
- 1 Halo Chest Bandage: which is specifically designed to treat penetrating chest wounds along with securing other wound dressings.
- 1 QuikLitter Emergency Stretcher: which features 10 large hand holds - 4 on each side and 1 each at the head and foot - that allows for easy patient handling and transportation. (pictured below)
- 2 CPR Pocket Resuscitator Masks: used to administer oxygen ventilation, or emergency breathing to a non-breathing child or adult.
- 4 C-A-T Black Tourniquets: used and proven 100% effective by the United States Army's Institute of Surgical Research to help control severe blood loss from a traumatic injury or hemorrhage.
- 2 Foil Heat Reflective Survival Wraps (52" X 84"): helps to maintain body temperature.
- 1 Blood Clotting Spray: aids in control of superficial bleeding, and relieves minor pain from cuts, burns, and scrapes. Also helps prevent infection.
- 1 Topical Skin Refrigerant Cold Spray: used to relieve minor pain, and swelling of sprains, bruises, and contusions.
- 1 Protective Coating Bandage Spray: used to provide a protective coating over cuts, scrapes, burns, and more.
- 4 Pair Nitrile Gloves: provide flexibility, strength & durability.
- 1 Pair Trauma Shears: used to quickly and safely cut clothing from injured personnel.
Mountainside Medical Equipment spoke with some students, faculty members and the community to get their opinion on the Emergency Trauma Kit. “Having an Emergency Trauma Kit would be ideal for someone, like myself, who is anxious about emergencies happening,” said Megan, a Utica College student. “It would put my mind at ease knowing that if something happened, we could all help each other until EMS responders arrive. Knowing that we would have a supply of medical necessities would make me feel more prepared.”
A Geology Professor at Utica College also shared similar sentiments regarding the kit. “I think the Emergency Trauma Response Kit is a necessity to have in classrooms, communities and in businesses. I feel that people would be calmer knowing that we have the equipment right there in case an emergency occurs.”
At Mountainside Medical Equipment’s first priority is ensuring that you are aware, prepared and ready to respond in the midst of an emergency with the highest quality, FDA approved medical and safety supplies.
For more in-depth information on Mountainside Medical's Emergency Trauma Response Kit, please watch the video below, or visit our website at: www.mountainside-medical.com