Posted on June 13 2019
As awareness of CBD continues to spread, top experts from every industry are beginning to take notice. While there are a few individuals out there who are hesitant to accept CBD yet, many have welcomed it with open arms. As we have previously discussed in past blog posts, CBD has dozens of natural benefits, such as: pain relief, skin repair, anxiety relief, and the ability to alleviate sleeping disorders, such as insomnia.
It's no longer a secret that because of these benefits, CBD has now created a huge interest in many industries - including an unlikely industry, the beauty industry.
From topical CBD products that are formulated to alleviate skin conditions, including: acne, rosacea, eczema, and psoriasis, to CBD infused teas that can help improve your mood and help you relieve stress, CBD beauty products have become the latest trend in the beauty industry.
The Benefits of CBD for Beauty
CBD Improves Quality of Sleep
Sleep is the function our body uses to regenerate itself, and when we don't sleep enough, our body can't fully revive. A Harvard study shows that poor sleep quality can actually lead to serious health conditions in addition to affecting our physical appearance.
Poor sleep quality can cause dark circles under the eyes, declined skin health and appearance, and decreased metabolism. However, these are just minimal concerns. According to the NHS, a lack of sleep can lead to severe stress, declined immunity, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, decreased fertility, brain damage, and a variety of mental and psychological conditions. Put simply, poor sleep quality is extremely harmful to your overall health.
CBD tackles this problem head on. Researchers have found that the relationship between CBD and the endocannabinoid system plays a critical role in regulating homeostasis in the body. Homeostasis is the state of balance in the body. When the body's levels are balanced, the body is healthy. When there is too little or too much of something, the body is in a state of unbalance, which can lead to problems.
For example: Stress is the result of overactive, erratic stress signals and abnormally high levels or cortisol. The key to alleviating stress is to calm these stress signals and reduce the high levels of cortisol.
By regulating hemostasis, CBD takes on sleeping disorders by alleviating the root causes of sleeping disorders, such as stress, anxiety, pain, and restlessness. This approach is what allows CBD to naturally alleviate insomnia and improve quality of sleep.
CBD Alleviates Issues Caused By Stress
Studies have shown that 8 out of 10 Americans are affected by stress, and prolonged stress is detrimental to the body. Stress can lead to loss of hair, high blood pressure, acne, skin inflammation, accelerated effects of aging, and a variety of skin conditions.
By interacting with receptors in the body's endocannabinoid system, or ECS, specifically the areas of the brain responsible for moderating our stress response, CBD has shown to reduce erratic stress signals and improve our ability to manage stress. By doing so, CBD can help prevent the many conditions that are caused by stress.
CBD Can Deliver Anti-Aging Benefits
As we age, our bodies naturally experience a wide array of changes. Experts in the beauty industry have found that collagen production begins to decline during our 20s, and continues to decline at an even higher rate after age 30.
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and helps to provide structure and vitality in our skin, hair, nails, bones, and ligaments. As collagen production declines, the integrity of these parts of the body will also naturally decline, resulting in sagging skin, wrinkles, and weakened bones. Combined with exposure to harmful elements, such as UV rays and free chemicals, the aging process will continue to accelerate.
Although aging is inevitable, CBD shows the potential to slow down the aging process by improving the production of collagen and acting as a protective agent against damage from inflammation and chemicals.
New York dermatologist, Dr. Francesca Fusco found that CBD can even improve overall skin health. In her specific studies, Fusco found that CBD is a source of rich fatty acids and contains other nutrients that are beneficial to the skin to retain moisture and keep skin youthful.
CBD Improves Skin Repair & Reduces Inflammation
While CBD holds major interest for anti-aging, its benefits range to overall skin health as well!
CBD is rich in antioxidants and essential nutrients, and has shown the potential to enhance skin repair and reduce the appearance of scars, wrinkles, and skin discoloration! In addition, studies have found that the interaction between the endocannabinoid system (ECS) and cannabinoids can help reduce inflammation and improve symptoms of inflammation-related conditions, such as: Multiple Sclerosis, eczema, and acne.
CBD Promotes a Healthy Circulatory System
The Circulatory System plays a crucial role in the body. It is the system that is responsible for distributing blood, oxygen, and other nutrients throughout the body.
When the body suffers from poor circulation, the distribution of these vital nutrients is disrupted, which can lead to multiple health issues, including: high blood pressure, skin discoloration, malnourishment, decreased skin cell regeneration, and accelerated aging.
Studies have shown that CBD can improve the function of the Circulatory System by reducing vascular tension, reducing blood pressure, and preventing cell death from oxidative stress.
Types of CBD Beauty Products
With so many natural benefits, CBD can spruce up your beauty regimen and enhance the benefits of many existing beauty products. From CBD lotions to CBD infused menstrual relief supplements, there are a wide variety of CBD beauty products, each offering unique therapeutic benefits. Understanding the different types of CBD products can help you decide which could be best for you!
- CBD Supplements (Oils & Capsules): CBD capsules and oils are jam packed with nutrients and antioxidants. Infused into a supplement, CBD capsules, gummies, and oils can help augment the body and work with the endocannabinoid system to encourage balance and regulate sleep, mood, and appetite.
- CBD Masks: CBD Masks are making their way into the market! From sheet masks to charcoal peel off masks, CBD - along with a blend of moisturizing ingredients - interact together to help soothe the skin while enhancing natural glow and boosting collagen. CBD masks allow the skin to absorb the compound's benefits and leave you feeling refreshed!
- CBD Bath Bombs: CBD bath bombs are produced just like non-infused bath bombs, but instead, it includes CBD. While many companies only sell the basic CBD Bath Bombs, here at Mountainside Medical Equipment, we sell CBD Bath Bombs with essential oils for extra relaxation! Coming in a delicious Eucalyptus scent and a relaxing Lavender scent, these CBD bath bombs fiz into the water and turns your bath into a CBD soak, which can soothe muscular pain, cramps, and other muscle related aches.
- CBD Topicals: Beauty brands have started to add CBD onto topicals, such as lotions, soaps, creams, salves, and lip balms to benefit the skin and reverse signs of aging. Topicals that contain CBD can reduce inflammation, chronic pain, psoriasis, acne, and eczema. Our own brand of CBD products, Emperors Best, has even created CBD Skin Patches with Vitamin B complex, which has its own benefits to the aging process!
- CBD Infused Hair Products: Cannabinoids are now making an appearance in hair care and working in harmony with the other ingredients to soften strands and add more volume. The naturally moisturizing power along with antimicrobial plant extracts help to control dandruff and reduce scalp scratching.
With such a wide variety of natural benefits, it's no wonder why CBD is the new super ingredient in the beauty industry. CBD is much more than just a trend. In a world that's quickly realizing the harmful effects of synthetics and chemicals, CBD opens the door to a bright future, and has the potential to revolutionize not only the beauty industry, but the world!
Please consult with your doctor or other qualified healthcare professional before taking any supplements, medications, or beginning a health regimen.