ADC Adflow and Standard Deflation Valves
ADC Blood Pressure Deflation Valves is a blood pressure unit part designed to give you a consistant leak-tested valve that is compatible with most aneroid and mercurial BP instruments. Available in either Adflow or Standard styles, these valves are reliable chrome-plated blood pressure unit parts that will provide you with an easy-to-use deflation system for your blood pressure unit.
Blood Pressure Deflation Valve Features:
- Available in premium Adflow or Standard models
- For use with most aneroid and mercurial BP instruments
- Call for Hospital Multi-pack availability
- Chrome-plated brass and nickel construction
- Integral filter screen
- Large knurled, smooth-turning thumbscrew
- Individually leak tested
- Chrome-plated brass construction
- Reliable needle seat mechanism
Helpful tips for taking your own blood pressure...
Monitoring your blood pressure at home can be difficult at times, especially if you’re using a manually inflatable and deflatable cuff with a stethoscope. Getting an accurate reading is important, so here are a few tips to remember when keeping track of your blood pressure measurements:
- Try to take it at the same time of day and on the same arm each time. Your blood pressure fluctuates during the day and from arm to arm.
- Avoid things that will raise your blood pressure just before taking it, such as smoking, alcohol, caffeine, etc.
- Be sure that your pulse is at rest before your measure. Your blood pressure will be higher during physical activity. Sit for about 5 minutes to bring your heart rate to its resting point before taking it.
- In order to ensure that your reading is accurate, be sure to use a blood pressure unit that works properly and is the right size for you. The cuff should fit around at least 80% of your arm. Be sure that the cuff bladder and bulb deflation valves aren’t leaking air and that your instruments are calibrated properly. It is easy to find replacement valves and other blood pressure accessories if you need them and is usually more cost-effective than purchasing an entirely new unit.