Allevyn Adhesive Foam Wound Healing Dressings, Smith & Nephew
Smith & Nephew Allevyn Adhesive, with its unique triple layer formation, has been designed to achieve this combination to ensure optimal fluid handling to support moist wound healing1. Allevyn Adhesive is an economically-efficient dressing specifically designed to manage chronic or acute exuding wounds. Smith and Nephew Allevyn Adhesive Dressing is made to employ all the proven benefits of moist wound healing without any breakdown of the dressing caused by contact with exudate. Allevyn Adhesive is indicated for exudate absorption and the management of partial to full thickness wounds.
- The unique triple action technology helps to maintain an optimal balance in fluid creating a moist wound environment for healing1
- The low allergy adhesive3 helps to keep the dressing securely in place without adhering to the wound4,5
- The highly breathable top film helps to minimise the risk of maceration to the wound and peri-wound6,7
- Provides an effective barrier function to exogenous bacteria as well as helping to prevent fluid and bacterial strikethrough8
- Easy to apply and remove4,5,7
- Conforms to body contours and is very comfortable for patients4,5,7,9
- Available in a wide range of sizes which can be cut to fit awkward areas such as elbows and heels
- Sacral sizes available which combine the same high-absorbency and secure self-adhesion in an anatomically-shaped dressing.
ALLEYVN Adhesive dressings are indicated for use on:
- Shallow, granulating wounds
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds
- Full and partial thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds
- First and second degree burns
- Donor sites
- Fungating wounds
Allevyn Adhesive Dressings Features:
- Low allergy adhesive
- Tapered construction with micro-thin edges
- Unique trilaminate structure
- Perforated wound contact layer
- Highly absorbent central hydro-cellular layer
- Waterproof and bacteria-proof outer film layer
- Full range of sizes
How to Apply ALLEVYN Adhesive
- Cleanse wound in accordance with local clinical protocol.
- Select an appropriate dressing size. ALLEVYN Adhesive can be cut to dress wounds on the heel, elbows and other awkward areas.
- Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound area and remove excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure close approximation to the wound. SKIN-PREP™ wipes may be used prior to application of ALLEVYN Adhesive where fragile skin is involved.
- Remove one of the protector films from ALLEVYN Adhesive and anchor the adhesive side of the dressing to the skin.
- Remove the remaining protector film and smooth the dressing over the remainder of the wound without stretching, ensuring there are no creases. The pad area of the dressing must be adhered across the entire surface of the wound.
- If the dressing has been cut ensure any exposed foam areas are covered with an appropriate film dressing taking care not to cover the entire dressing.
- When positioning ALLEVYN Adhesive Sacrum, place the narrow end of the dressing a minimum of 2cm (3/4in.) above the anal sphincter, then smooth the dressing over the sacrum.
Frequency of Change
During the early stages of wound management ALLEVYN Adhesive should be inspected according to local clinical protocol. Where the product is used on infected wounds the infection should be inspected and treated as per local clinical protocol.
Dressings can be left in place for up to 7 days depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin or until exudate is visible and approaches to within 2cm / 3/16in. of the edge of the dressing pad, whichever is sooner. Local clinical protocols should also be taken into consideration.
If dressings are applied to the sacral area, they may be left in place for up to 5 days, however, due to the increased potential for contamination and infection in this area, increased monitoring of dressing adherence may be required as per local clinical protocols.
The decision of when to change should be dependent upon clinical assessment and local protocols should also be taken into consideration.
To remove ALLEVYN Adhesive, lift one edge of the dressing and slowly peel back until completely removed from the wound. Sacral dressings should be removed from the top edge and down towards the anus to minimize the potential for fecal contamination.
Smith and Nephew product codes and sizes
- 66020043 - 3 x 3" - 4 boxes per case
- 66020044 - 5 x 5" - 4 boxes per case
Brand: Smith & Nephew
Product Numbers: 66020043 & 66020043
Buy Allevyn adhesive dressings online from a set aside SDVOSB Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business medical supplies company like Mountainside Medical Equipment that is certified with the United States Government