Atropine Sulfate Injection 0.1 mg/mL Luer-Jet Prefilled Syringe 10mL x 10/Pack (Rx)
Atropine Sulfate Injection 0.1 mg/mL Luer-Jet Prefilled Syringe 10mL x 10/Pack. Atropine Sulfate Injection, USP, is indicated for temporary blockade of severe or life threatening muscarinic effects, e.g., as an antisialagogue, an antivagal agent, an antidote for organophosphorus or muscarinic mushroom poisoning, and to treat bradyasystolic cardiac arrest.
Atropine Sulfate Injection 0.1 mg/mL Luer-Jet Prefilled Syringe 10mL is a medication used to reverse the effects of certain types of overdose. It is used to dilate pupils, reduce the secretions of the body, and normalize the heart rate. It is given in a single injection or continuous infusion and must be administered by a qualified medical professional. Atropine Sulfate Injection is used to treat overdoses from anticholinergic drugs, spamonium gas poisoning, cholinergic parasympathomimetics poisoning, overdoses of narcotics and opioids, and antimuscarinic poisoning. It produces a therapeutic response in all these cases, providing relief to the patient suffering from the mentioned overdoses. Therefore, Atropine Sulfate Injection is an effective solution in treating overdose and other ailments.
Instructions on how to use Atropine Sulfate Injection
1. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water
2. Prepare atropine sulfate injection by connecting Luer-Jet prefilled syringe 10mL to a secure intravenous catheter.
3. Release any air bubbles located at the top of the syringe.
4. Prepare a 1:10000 dilution of atropine sulfate injection to administer.
5. Infuse the diluted injection into the patient quoted in terms of microgram/kg per minute.
6. Monitor the patient closely after the infusion of atropine sulfate injection for desired effect.
7. Clamp the needle after the infusion of concentrating for approximately 60 seconds.
8. Disconnect the Luer-Jet prefilled syringe from the intravenous catheter and discard it with medical hazard waste according to the hospital policy.
Benefits for Atropine Sulfate Injection
- Helps relax the muscles of the stomach, intestine, bladder, and uterus
- Can reduce the risk of spasms in the esophagus and bronchi
- Decreases salivation and secretion of other fluids
- Used to diminish stomach cramps and treat cases of poisoning
- Treats certain eye conditions, such as eye spasms, crossed eyes, and involuntary eye movements
- Can be used to control the heart rate and breathing
- Can be used to reduce the activity and rhythm of the heart
- Used to reverse the effects of certain medications used during surgery
- Helps control excessive sweating, flushing, and facial twitching
- Used to reduce the production of stomach acid
Brand: International Medication Systems
Size: 10 mL
Count: 10 per pack