Diltiazem Hydrochloride for Injection Single-dose ADD-Vantage Vials 10/Box (RX)
(Note: We don’t Fill Personal Prescriptions)
How to Order:
Diltiazem hydrochloride is a calcium-channel blocker that works by relaxing the muscles of your heart and blood vessels. This decreases the amount of blood that needs to pump through the heart and lowers blood pressure. Diltiazem hydrochloride is used to treat high blood pressure, chest pain, and heart problems.
Benefits for Diltiazem Hydrochloride for Injection ADD-Vantage Vials
- Rapid onset of action: Diltiazem Hydrochloride for Injection Single-dose ADD-Vantage Vials provide a rapid onset of action, which means that it can offer prompt relief from symptoms of angina, hypertension, and arrhythmia.
- Improved patient compliance: The single-dose, disposable vials make it easier for patients to take their medication with them when needed, reducing the risk of noncompliance.
- Cost-effective: The single dose vials allow for more economical use of medication since they can be used for multiple treatments per vial.
- Precise dosing: The single-dose vials ensure that the right amount of medication is administered each time, helping to enhance the patient’s healthcare outcomes.
- Reduced risk of infection: The single-dose vials help to reduce the risk of contamination or cross-contamination of medication compared to using multiple dose bottles.
- Avoid waste: Since single-dose vials contain only the precise amount of medication, there is virtually no risk of waste or disposal of unused medication.
Diltiazem Hydrochloride for Injection is a prescription medication used to treat angina and hypertension in emergency settings. It is available in 25 mg/mL and 50 mg/mL strengths in clear glass or wall-mounted polypropylene vials. When intravenously injected over 2 minutes, it can result in powerful and immediate relief for patients experiencing chest pain or high blood pressure. Care should be taken when administering a single 25 mg/mL or two 50 mg/mL Diltiazem Hydrochloride doses limited to a total combined dose of only 300 mg. Diltiazem Hydrochloride should be followed with oral tablets when continuous therapy is desired. Patients should work closely with their healthcare provider when using Diltiazem Hydrochloride to ensure that the medication is working as expected.
Instructions on How to Use Diltiazem Hydrochloride for Injection ADD-Vantage Vials
1. Visually inspect Diltiazem Hydrochloride for Injection Single-dose ADD-Vantage Vials for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit.
2. Diltiazem Hydrochloride for Injection Single-dose ADD-Vantage Vials is available as a white powder containing diltiazem hydrochloride, USP for reconstitution for intravenous injection.
3. Reconstitute each ADD-Vantage vial containing 20 mg diltiazem hydrochloride as follows: aseptically add 5 mL of Sterile Water for Injection USP to the vial.
4. Shake the contents of the vial until a homogeneous solution is obtained.
5. Administer reconstituted Diltiazem Hydrochloride for Injection Single-dose ADD-Vantage Vials intravenously by slow infusion over a 2-5 minute period.
6. If the patient experiences any adverse effects, they must be monitored and treated as necessary.
7. After reconstitution, the solution should be used within 24 hours, or within 3 hours after the addition of a bacteriostatic agent.
Diltiazem(dil TYE a zem) treats a fast or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia). It works by decreasing your heart rate, which decreases the amount of work your heart has to do. It belongs to a group of medications called calcium channel blockers.
Diltiazem Hydrochloride for Injection is used to control blood pressure and heart rate in a variety of cardiovascular conditions. It is a calcium channel blocker that works by preventing calcium from entering heart and muscle cells, which relaxes the blood vessels and allows blood to flow more freely. Diltiazem is used to treat conditions such as angina, high blood pressure, and abnormally fast heart rhythms. It can be used as a short-term or long-term treatment, and is available as an injectable or orally-dispersible form.