Medihoney Calcium Alginate Dressings
$ 97.00 $ 129.95
Medihoney Calcium Alginate Dressings provide wounds and burns with moderate to heavy drainage with antibacterial benefits and an optimal environment for healing. Infused with 95% Leptosepermum honey, this alginate dressing provides protection against a broad spectrum of bacteria, and possesses anti-inflammatory, debridement and odor-control properties. It is non-toxic, natural, safe and very easy to use. Available in 3 sizes, this alginate has the ability to retain bactericidal activity in vitro even after dilution and has the potential for extended wear time.
Medihoney Dressing Features
- Active Leptospermum honey - 95%
- Cleanses and debrides
- Helps lower overall wound pH level
- Promotes a moisture-balanced environment
- Non-toxic, natural, safe
- Easy to use
- Extended wear times
- Sold by the box
Therapeutic effects of honey-based dressings
- Bactericidal and bacteriostatic properties
- Debridement properties
- Odor control properties
- Retains bactericidal activity in vitro even after dilution
- Ingredients are non-toxic, natural and safe
- Comes from a traceable source
- Is free of pesticides and antibiotics
- Destroys any bacterial spores without loss of effectiveness
- 2" x 2" - 10/box
- ¾" x 12" - 5/box
- 4" x 5" - 10/box
**Price varys depending on size chosen
How does this alginate dressing work?
As wound fluid enters the dressing, the honey is released while the dressing absorbs and forms a gel. The honey will continue to keep the wound moist, provide the best possible pH level for healing and protect the wound against a wide variety of infection-causing bacteria. Best of all, Medihoney alginates can be used the same way as a typical calcium alginate or any other gelling fiber dressing - so you’re getting all-natural, non-toxic protection without having to change the way you normally do things. Join the many healthcare professionals around the globe that are using Medihoney dressings to protect their patients as they heal.
Shown to improve healing rates above that of conventional advanced wound care dressings and compression therapy
Medihoney Alginate Applications
- To cover and/or fill partial to full thickness wounds with moderate to heavy drainage
- Used in the same fashion as a typical calcium alginate or other gelling fiber dressing
What is Leptospermum Honey?
How does medical-grade honey work?
- The osmotic pull of Medihoney draws lymph from deeper tissues through wound, constantly bathing wound bed
- Hydrogen peroxide is produced by the enzyme glucose oxidase in honey – contributes to its antibacterial activity
- Outflow of lymph fluid helps remove devitalized tissue from the wound bed
- The pH level (near 3.5) improves the wound healing environment
**It has been shown that reducing the pH of a wound will help to modulate harmful proteases and improve oxygen diffusion
Examples of Microorganisms against which Honey is effective