SilvaSorb Antimicrobial Wound Gel 1.5 oz tube
SilvaSorb Antimicrobial Wound Gel donates moisture to dry wound beds while providing antimicrobial silver. Thick, viscous formulation stays in contact with the wound bed to provide an optimally moist environment for up to 3 days. Made with time-released ionic silver, this hydrogel offers antimicrobial protection over a broad spectrum of bacteria and fungi for up to 3 days after application. It is non-stinging, non-sensitizing, will not harm new tissue and will not discolor the skin. Available in 1.5 or 3 oz tubes.
SilvaSorb Gel Features:
- Hydrogel with silver
- protects against a broad spectrum of bacteria
- Self-activating controlled release antimicrobial ionic silver
- Latex free
- 1.5 ounce tube
- Sold by the tube
How SilvaSorb works…
SilvaSorb hydrogel not only keeps the wound protected from a variety of microorganisms including MRSA and VRE, but it does so in a more sophisticated way than most other wound care ointments. This hydrogel utilizes MicroLattice technology which allows it to release the ionic silver it contains at a controlled rate for up to 3 days. But how you ask? There is a suppression mechanism in the formula that not only regulates the release of silver, but also prevents it from staining or discoloring the skin. It is great for dry to moderately exuditing wounds, and those that are difficult to dress, such as burns and cavity wounds. It is ultra-gentle on the patient and newly-forming tissue, yet tough on bacteria. Use SilvaSorb Hydrogel to help maintain a moist, antimicrobial protective barrier on your patient’s wounds.
SilvaSorb Hydro gel
- Clean the wound using sterile saline or appropriate wound cleanser.
- Dispense SilvaSorb to an appropriate clean cotton applicator, such as a sterile tongue depressor or gauze, in sufficient secondary dressing, such as a gauze pad, a film dressing, or nonwoven adhesive secondary dressing.
- Not intended for use on infected wounds, except at discretion of physicaian.
- Not for use over eschar; eschar should be debrided before use.
- Gently rinse the wound bed with sterile saline or an appropriate wound cleanser.
- Reapply as needed.