Suction Catheter, Straight Graduated & Whistle Control Valve
Suction Catheters are sterile, clear tubing used to remove secretions from the airways. Made with a soft, yet firm flexible tubing, these suction catheters feature a control valve on the end for easy suction capacity adjustments that can be made with your thumb. Available in several different sizes.
Suction Catheters Features:
- Sterile, semi-flexible, clear vinyl
- Thumb Control Valve
- Latex free
Suction Catheters - Sizing converted to Tracheostomy Tube Size
- #AS363 - 10 French, for the use with a 6.0 mm (I.D.) Trach Tube.
- #AS364 - 12 French, for the use with a 7.0 mm (I.D.) Trach Tube.
- #AS365 - 14 French, for the use with a 8.0 mm (I.D.) Trach Tube.
- #AS366 - 16 French, for the use with a 9.0 mm to 10.0 mm (I.D.) Trach Tube.
The purpose of suctioning is to prevent a patient's airway of plugging up from secretions. Amsino Suction Catheters have a built-in thumb control valve that allows the patient to control the flow of suction.
Choosing and using suction catheters
- Catheter thickness should never be any larger than half the internal diameter I.D.(inside opening) of the tracheotomy tube.
- Airways are delicate and care should be taken inserting and removing the catheter. Suction should be used only as you pull out the catheter.
- Suctioning must NEVER be done for more than 5 to 10 seconds at a time as oxygen is also removed.
- The patient will need your confidence, support, kindness and love.
- You will receive training for all suction techniques at the hospital.
Buy Suction Catheters, Suction Machine Catheters, and Oral Catheters for Removing Saliva from the throat online from a set aside SDVOSB Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business medical supplies company like Mountainside Medical Equipment that is certified with the United States Government.