BioPatch Antimicrobial Catheter Dressing Disks
BioPatch Antimicrobial Catheter Dressing Disks are designed to prevent infection in patients with central venous and arterial catheters. Each antimicrobial disk is impregnated with CHG (chlorhexidine gluconate), an antiseptic agent that will keep your patient protected for up to 7 days. BioPatch disks reduce bacterial levels on patients, eliminate the need for frequent dressing changes, and have the unique ability to absorb 8 times their own weight in fluids.
BioPatch Antimicrobial Catheter Dressing Disk Features:
- Reduces the risk of catheter-related blood stream and local infections
- Contains CHG
- 7-days of continuous antimicrobial protection
- Reduces bacterial levels
- Absorbs 8 times its own weight in fluids
- Eliminates frequent dressing changes
- 10 per box
- Sold by the box
Catheter-related bloodstream infections (CRBSIs) are a challenge for any hospital. Not only do they increase patient morbidity and mortality rates from 12 to 25%, but they also increase hospital stays and cost your facility valuable dollars. BioPatch technology works to eliminate that. These antimicrobial catheter dressings provide week-long protection to each patient, thereby saving you time and money used in frequent dressing changes and patient care. Each disk’s time-released solution is activated by the presence of moisture on the skin, and has been proven effective in the presence of organic matter including blood, sera and proteins. Ensure your patients' safety from infections with BioPatch Antimicrobial catheter dressings.
|BioPatch Disk Size
|French Size Range
|¾” disk w/1.5 mm center hole
|< 6 Fr tubes
|1” disk w/4 mm center hole
|6-12 Fr tubes
|1” disk w/7 mm center hole
|13-20 Fr tubes
**All disks are the same thickness
What is CHG?
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate
- Powerful antibacterial and antifungal agent
- The presence of moisture on the skin activates the quick-release of CHG
- Recommended by the CDC for ongoing skin antisepsis
- Proven effective in the presence of organic matter including blood, sera and proteins
Order BioPatch Antimicrobial Catheter Dressing Disks online today, or call to speak with a team member at 1-888-687-4334.