Monovisc Osteoarthritis Knee Pain Treatment Injection Prefilled Syringes 88mg/4mL
(Note: We don’t Fill Personal Prescriptions)
How to Order:
Monovisc is a viscoelastic injectable used to treat knee pain from osteoarthritis. It is made of a natural, biodegradable substance that mimics the properties of human cartilage. Monovisc is injected into the knee joint to help relieve pain and improve function.
Benefits for Monovisc Osteoarthritis Knee Pain Treatment
- Quick and easy to administer – Monovisc prefilled syringes are easy to use, requiring no mixing or preparation prior to injection.
- Immediate relief – Monovisc is formulated to provide immediate relief from knee pain and can substantially reduce the perceived level of pain immediately upon injection.
- Long-term relief – Monovisc may provide long-term relief from knee pain by reducing inflammation and providing lubrication for the joint.
- Minimal side effects – Monovisc carries minimal risks of side effects and is acetylated hyaloruni acid, which is a natural substance in human cartilage.
- Low cost solution – Monovisc is inexpensive compared to other available treatments for osteoarthritis.
Monovisc (Sodium Hyaluronate) Osteoarthritis Knee Pain Treatment Injection Prefilled Syringes (high molecular weight hyaluronan injection) is a complex sugar used to treat pain in osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative non-pharmacologic therapy or simple analgesics (e.g., acetaminophen).
Monovisc is a viscous (thick) sterile mixture made from highly purified hyaluronan from bacterial fermentation. Hyaluronan is a natural chemical found in the body. High amounts of hyaluronan are found in the joint tissues and in the fluid that fills the joints.
Monovisc™ is injected into the knee joint and is administered as a single intra-articular injection. Standard intra-articular injection site preparation and precautions should be used. Strict aseptic administration technique must be followed.
Directions For Use:
- Using an 18 – 20 gauge needle, remove synovial fluid or effusion before injecting Monovisc™. Do not use the same syringe for removing synovial fluid and for injecting Monovisc™; however, the same 18 – 20 gauge needle should be used.
- Remove the protective rubber cap on the tip of the syringe and securely attach a small gauge needle (18 - 20 gauge) to the tip. Twist the tip cap before pulling it off, as this will minimize product leakage.
- To ensure a tight seal and prevent leakage during administration, secure the needle tightly while firmly holding the luer hub. Do not over tighten or apply excessive leverage when attaching the needle or removing the needle guard, as this may break the syringe tip.
- Inject the full 4 mL in one knee only (do not overfill the joint). If treatment is bilateral, a separate syringe should be used for each knee.
Brand: J.O.M. Pharmaceuticals
Size: Single-use 5 mL syringe containing a 4 mL dose
Type: Prefilled Syringe