Acapella Choice Vibratory PEP Therapy Device
$ 43.00 $ 74.95
Acapella Choice Vibratory PEP Therapy Device System combines the benefits of both PEP therapy and airway vibrations to mobilize pulmonary secretions. The therapy it provides is better tolerated than chest physiotherapy (CPT) and can be delivered in about half the time.
Positive Expiratory Pressure (PEP) therapy is used to mobilize secretions. PEP devices have been found to give independence to patients with chronic respiratory diseases as the therapy can be done when convenient for the patient and without the need for an assistant.
Acapella combines the benefits of both PEP therapy and airway vibrations to mobilize pulmonary secretions and can be used in virtually any position allowing patients to move freely and sit, stand or recline.
It improves clearance of secretions, is easier to tolerate than Chest Physical Therapy (CPT), takes less than half the time of conventional CPT sessions* and facilitates opening of airways in patients with lung diseases with secretory problems such as COPD, asthma and Cystic Fibrosis. You can adjust the acapella® frequency and flow resistance simply by turning an adjustment dial.
acapella® Choice disassembles into four, easy-to-clean parts that withstand autoclaving, boiling, and dishwashing. Your patients get all the benefits of vibratory PEP therapy, in the home or hospital, with a convenient, easy-to-clean device (single patient use)
- Design: Works independent of orientation
- Design: Patient may inhale through device
- 22mm fitting: May use with mouthpiece
- Material: Autoclave-able and boil-able
- Adjust frequency with numbered dial
How to Use the Acapella PEP:
- Place the mouthpiece into your mouth.
- With the device in your mouth, take a deep breath and hold it for 2-3 seconds.
- Keeping a tight seal on the mouthpiece, breathe out through the device slowly and evenly for 6-9 seconds.
- Repeat this breathing exercise 10-20 times.
- Remove the mouthpiece and perform 2-3 huff coughs.
- - Utilizes vibratory PEP, an airway clearance technique (ACT) that allows the patient to loose secretions in the lungs and respiratory tract.
- - Keeps your airways and lungs free of mucus so that you can breathe easier.
- - Helps mobilize secretions in cystic fibrosis and bronchitis patients.
- - Reduces trapped air in asthma and COPD patients.
- - Helps treat atelectasis (collapsed lung or lobe of a lung).
- - Can be used with a mask or mouthpiece, and in any orientation, allowing for easy operation.
Indicated for Patients With:
- Chronic respiratory diseases and pulmonary diseases
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cystic Fibrosis
All the benefits of enhanced pulmonary care have been integrated into the easy to clean and care for design of the Acapella Choice Easy to Clean Vibratory PEP Device. Reduce frequent replacement products and expensive medical equipment expense by delivering the same PEP therapy with the convenient Acapella Choice.
- Item Number: 27-7000
- Dimensions: 4 x 7 x 3
How to clean the Acapella PEP Therapy Device:
acapella® choice is very easy to clean. The product is dishwasher safe, or simply wash with warm water and standard dishwashing detergent. This means that the patient can gain the confidence of using the product in the hospital and continue to use the same product when they get home, helping to assist with the continuation of use and patient recovery.
Learn more about the Acapella Choice Vibratory PEP Therapy Device at our blog!
Buy Acapella Choice Vibratory PEP Therapy Device online from a set aside SDVOSB Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business medical supplies company certified with the United Stated Government.
Acapella Choice Vibratory PEP Therapy Device Tags27-7000 | Acapella Choice | Acapella Pep Device | Airway secreations | Bronchitis | COPD | Flutter valve | PEP Device | Rocker | Smiths Medical | Vibratory PEP |
You also Viewed
Product fulfilled expectations. Service from Mountainside Medical was top notch with courteous phone representative & fast shipping that arrived at time predicted.
Very Pleased. It is already helping.
Great products, fast delivery