Tea tree oil, long renowned for its skin-restoring and antibacterial properties, is one of the powerful ingredients that makes Mountain Ice Advanced Hand Sanitizer so effective. But how does it work to help kill germs and moisturize your skin at the same time? Read on to find out!
It's common to find tea tree oil, derived from the leaves of Australia's native Melaleuca alternifolia plant, as a component in topical medications. Its potential impact on skin health includes numerous conditions:
- Acne: Tea tree oil may reduce acne severity, according to studies.
- Dry and Itchy Skin: Tea tree oil's anti-inflammatory properties can reduce itching and irritation, as some studies have indicated.
- Eczema: In studies, tea tree oil has been shown to be more effective than zinc oxide and clobetasone butyrate creams in treating eczema.
- Oily Skin: Some studies have found that people who use tea tree oil have had improvements in oiliness.
- Wound Healing: Studies suggest that tea tree oil may decrease healing time in wounds caused by bacteria.
So why does tea tree oil do so much for your skin? It has a number of properties that allow it to aid in healing, protecting, and moisturizing your skin:
- Anti-Inflammatory: Tea tree oil can help reduce inflammation, likely due to its high concentration of terpinen-4-ol, which has significant anti-inflammatory properties.
- Antifungal: Tea tree oil can kill a wide range of yeasts and fungi, and research suggests terpinen-4-ol can enhance the effectiveness of certain antifungal drugs.
- Antiviral: More research is needed, but tea tree oil has been indicated for possible effectiveness against some viruses.
Why Put Tea Tree Oil in Mountain Ice Advanced Hand Sanitizer?
Tea tree oil has been used in hand sanitizer, particularly homemade ones, for its antibacterial properties. But it's so much more in Mountain Ice Advanced Hand Sanitizer. Our unique formulation contains tea tree oil not only for its ability to fight viruses and bacteria, but also for its ability to repair skin damage and moisturize the skin. The alcohol that's necessary for an effective hand sanitizer can easily dry out your skin. But working together with Vitamin E and Aloe Vera, Tea Tree Oil allows Mountain Ice Advanced Hand Sanitizer to soothe your skin as it disinfects, making for a hand sanitizer you can use repeatedly over the course of your day without irritation or uncomfortable dryness.
If you're stocking up on hand sanitizer for the cold and flu season, as well as the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, consider Mountain Ice Advanced Hand Sanitizer. Our hand sanitizer goes above and beyond the usual formulations, with a potent 72% Ethyl Alcohol makeup for superior germ-killing power, as well as soothing agents that protect the skin barrier, heal wounds quickly, and moisturize as you disinfect.