The Bionix ShotBlocker is truly a unique tool, specially designed to alleviate a patient's stress and anxiety due to painful needle pokes.
Does the ShotBlocker actually work?
The answer is yes - ShotBlocker’s ability to block pain is based on the gate control theory of pain management. This theory states that there is a gating mechanism in the spinal cord that can be either opened or closed. When this is open, pain signals are transferred through small nerve fibers to the brain and a pain sensation can be experienced. Studies have found that the gate can be closed by simultaneous stimulation of large diameter nerve fibers, those that respond to touch. Bionix Medical Technologies has teamed with Flower Hospital in Toledo, Ohio to conduct a study of the effectiveness of the Shot Blocker. The results of this study specifically show that the ShotBlocker significantly reduces the pain from minor injections.
Benefits of ShotBlocker include:
• ShotBlocker is specially designed to be single-patient use in order to promote a sterile environment during injection procedures and eliminates the cost that can be associated with resterilization.
• The cost of the Shot Blocker will be very minimal compared to other pain reducing methods that are currently being used such as anesthetic creams or freezing sprays.
• The contact points on the underside of the ShotBlocker provide an immediate distracting effect. No waiting for anesthetics to take effect.
• The ShotBlocker is useful during a variety injections such as intramuscular injections, subcutaneous and other procedures that include a painful needle poke.
• Since the ShotBlocker was invented by a pediatrician to lessen the pain and anxiety experienced by his patients, ShotBlocker really works and is bound to put smiles on all of your patient’s faces!