Manufactured and tested to the highest quality standards, The ROHO Group offers excellent support for pressure relief. Proper ROHO cushion adjustment will alleviate moisture buildup, painful pressure, and resultant sores. The following guide should aid in recognizing and utilizing the parts of the cushion effectively.
Proper ROHO Cushion Adjustment
- Included with your ROHO air cushion should be the cushion itself and a manual air pump.
- The cushion will be fitted with an air valve, adjustment lock, and strap for moving the cushion.
- Set the adjustment lock to ""open"" and open the air valve by rotating the tip counter clockwise.
- Place the tip of the manual pump over the air valve and inflate.
- Close the valve by turning the tip clockwise, and reset the adjustment lock.
- Place the person on the cushion with it centered beneath them.
- Place your hand between their lowest bony prominence and the cushion.
- Deflate the cushion slowly until the fingers can barely move.
- This should leave between 1/2 and 1 inch of rise.
- regularly check the height of the cushion using the method described above to make sure the person is not bottoming-out.
Effective use of a ROHO cushion will increase comfort and reduce painful and costly sores. If the model of ROHO cushion you employ offers dual or quad chambers, repeat this process until the desired setting is reached. Browse available ROHO cushions online today or call for more information at 1-888-687-4334.