How to Install Toilet Safety Rails
Adjustable toilet safety rails help provide stable support for raising and lowering during toileting for individuals that are compromised by age or illness. Two main types are available that are either attached to the toilet, or free-standing frames around it. This information will cover how to install both types of toilet safety rails.
How to install attached toilet safety rails
There is a mounting bracket for use on attached toilet safety rails requiring a slight adjustment to the toilet seat for mounting. For this style of rail:
1. Remove the two large nuts from the toilet seat bolts.
2. Lift off the toilet seat.
3. Align the mounting bracket with the holes on the toilet.
4. Replace the seat and securely tighten the nuts.
5. Insert the rails into the bracket locking them in place.
6. Use the leg extensions to adjust rails to the proper height.
How to install free-standing toilet safety rails
1. Assemble the free-standing toilet safety frame.
2. Position the frame around the toilet with arms at either side.
3. Adjust the leg extensions to ensure proper height.
4. As these are not attached, use caution to apply force directly downward.
This information should serve as a guide for installing most commonly available toilet safety rails and frames. Browse available fall prevention products including attached and free-standing toilet safety rails online today or call to consult with a courteous customer service team member today at 1-888-687-4334.