Face masks are great during medical procedures, medical treatments, chemical cleanups, or for general infection control. Most face masks are disposable and are for one time use purposes. A face mask should be disposed of when the mask becomes soiled on either side of the mask, or when user is done with wear. But what is the proper way to dispose of a face mask if you are using it at home where medical waste containers are not available?
Step-by-Step Disposal Procedure for face masks and disposable N95 Respirator Masks:
- Remove mask from face, be gentle so as to not disturb liquid and solid contaminants on the mask
- Place mask in a plastic bag – like a grocery shopping bag or a zip lock bag
- Secure bag tightly
- Place plastic bag into the garbage can or waste disposal unit
- Wash hands immediately after disposing of your mask
- Never put on a new face mask until you have properly washed your hands
Purchase any of our disposable face masks quickly and conveniently by placing your order through our website. You can also place an order with us by dialing 1-888-687-4334 and speaking with one of our friendly medical supply professionals.