Nosebleeds are a common problem among people, especially children and the elderly. Statistically, 1 out of every 7 Americans will experience at least one nosebleed during their lifetime. While embarrassing and messy, nosebleeds are usually easy to stop and control.
To Stop A Nosebleed:
- Remain calm
- Sit up straight
- Tilt head forward – tilting back can cause blood to be swallowed.
- Pinch nostrils together, hold for 10 minutes, do not release any earlier.
- If clot has not formed, pinch nostrils again until bleeding fully stops.
- Never swallow blood, always spit it out.
Post Nosebleed Care:
- Prevent additional irritation to the nose for 24 hours.
- Only use nose for breathing.
- Do not blow the nose or sneeze for 24 hours.
- Add moisture to dry air setting
- If problems persist consult a physician.
Nasalcease are convenient and effective nasal plugs, designed to help blood clot quickly and discreetly. They can be added to a regemine to help stop chronic nosebleeds and are great to keep in a first-aid kit at home, or in the office.
Take control over your next nosebleed and order Nasalcease conveniently through our website. You can also easily place your order by calling 1-888-687-4334 and speaking with one of our knowledgeable Medical Supply Specialists.