How to Use the ADC Diagnostix 2100 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
Known for the manufacture of high quality diagnostic equipment, American Diagnostic Corporation proudly supplies the Diagnostix 2100 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter. This unit is used for intermittent monitoring of oxygen saturation levels in the bloodstream and will produce reliable results for many years.
How to operate the ADC Diagnostix 2100 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- Insert 2 ""AAA"" batteries into the battery compartment.
- Clean the inside surface of the oximeter and the patient's finger with isopropyl alcohol before use.
- Squeeze the end opposite the power switch to open the device.
- Insert the patient's middle or index finger fully into the device, nail side up.
- Release the device allowing it to clamp onto the fingertip.
- Press the power switch on the top to activate the device.
- Have the patient sit still for approximately 4 seconds for readings to display.
- Record the readings and remove the device from the patient's finger.
- The indicator will show finger out when the device is removed.
- The unit will power down 10 seconds after the finger is removed.
How to troubleshoot the ADC Diagnostix 2100 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- If the SpO2% or Pulse Rate do not display, ensure the finger is inserted properly and take additional measurements to verify the device is working.
- If the SpO2% or Pulse Rate aren't solidly displayed, make sure the patient is sitting still and that the finger is inserted properly.
- If the monitor will not power on, check to verify the batteries have power and that they are inserted correctly before contacting the customer service center.
- If the indicator panel turns off, either no signal was detected for 8-10 seconds or the batteries are too low to operate, try replacing the finger or changing the batteries.
Contact service center:
- If ""Err 3"" displays, the red emission LED is damaged.
- If ""Err 4"" displays, the infra-red emission LED is damaged.
- If ""Err 6"" displays, there is crystal damage.
- If ""Err 7"" displays, the emission LED or reception dioxide is damaged.