The Assure Pro Blood Glucose Monitoring System is excellent for home or facility use as it features a large display and an easy-grip for secure hold. With results in as few as ten seconds, the Assure Pro is both fast and accurate.
How to Code the Assure Pro Glucose Monitor
- With each new bottle of test strips, remove the code chip.
- Make sure the meter is off, and insert the code chip in the port on the side of the meter.
- Insert a test strip into the test strip port.
- Verify all symbols appear on screen and that the code number matches that on the bottle.
How to perform a blood glucose test with the Assure Pro meter
- Insert a test strip into the meter
- Verify all symbols appear and that the code number matches the bottle.
- If the strip and flashing blood drop appear, lance fingertip.
- Touch the exposed end of the strip to the blood droplet.
- The meter will count down once blood is detected.
- After 10 seconds the result will appear.
- Invert meter and press the test strip release button.
- Meter will shut off when strip is removed.
How to perform a control solution test with the Assure Pro
- Insert a test strip into the meter and verify the code number matches the bottle.
- Press the forward or back button to enter control solution mode.
- A control solution bottle indicator should be shown.
- Mix the control solution and discard the first drop.
- Place the second drop of control solution on the clean bottle cap.
- Bring the test strip in the meter to the solution.
- Check the result against the acceptable ranges on the test strip bottle.
- Do not use the system of the results are out of range.
- Repeat with new strip and second control solution.
Understanding the Assure Pro Glucose Monitor Messages
- ""PCS"" or a Bell-shaped icon signals the need for a control solution test.
- ""LO"" Displays if the result is below 20 mg/dL
- ""HI"" Displays if the result is over 600 mg/dL
- ""E00"" Displays if the battery has been replaced, reset date and time
- ""E01"" Displays if a used strip is inserted or the meter is having trouble with the one that has been inserted.
- ""E13"" Displays if not enough blood was added to the test strip.