What is Gastric Reflux?
Gastric Reflux, commonly referred to as indigestion or upset stomach, causes stomach acids to travel up the esophagus and into the mouth. If these chemicals reach the teeth it can erode the enamel and dentin resulting in sensitivity, decay, yellowing, and thinning of the teeth. This process also makes the mouth more susceptible to infection and the oral tissues more susceptible to ulcers or sores. MI Paste helps to combat acidity and restore vital minerals to the teeth and oral tissue.
What causes Gastric Reflux?
Gastric Reflux occurs in various cases and may be linked to food and beverage consumption, chronic conditions, medications and treatments, pregnancy, or any number of other sources. Physicians can help treat and prevent the occurrence of gastric reflux but episodes will result in damage to the oral environment. MI Paste restores a healthy chemistry to sooth, protect, and restore healthy teeth and soft tissue.
How does MI Paste help people with Gastric Reflux?
- MI Paste buffers against acids minimizing erosion and balancing oral pH levels
- MI Paste introduces vital minerals to restore, strengthen, and rebuild teeth
- MI Paste balances the oral environment creating a fresh, comfortable feel
Using MI Paste for Gastric Reflux
- Use MI Paste or MI Paste Plus at least twice daily or as desired
- Apply MI Paste in the morning and evening and after reflux episodes
- MI Paste and MI Paste Plus may be used indefinitely
- Apply a pea sized portion using a finger, swab, or dental tray
- For best results, use MI Paste in conjunction with medical and behavioral prevention