Babies, Children, and Special Needs patients are vulnerable to acid attack whether the teeth are newly formed or oral hygiene presents a particular challenge. MI Paste is safe for use in all instances to help protect and restore vital minerals to the oral environment.
MI Paste for Infants and Toddlers
Newly erupted teeth as found in the mouths of infants are underdeveloped and are at high risk of acid attack. The original MI Paste formula is safe for babies to protect teeth during early development and provide necessary minerals for healthy enamel.
MI Paste or MI Paste Plus for Children
Children over 6 can benefit from MI Paste or MI Paste Plus to aid in the protection and development of newly erupted permanent teeth. Both products protect and mineralize the oral environment and are excellent for after brushing or consumption of sweet foods and beverages. MI Paste Plus contains 900ppm fluoride that attaches to teeth and helps to rebuild healthy enamel.
In young Children (up to six years of age), use of MI Paste Plus is contra indicted because it may increase the risk of denal fluorosis. Children aged six years and above can use both standard and MI Paste Plus without an increased risk of dental fluorosis.
MI Paste and Special Needs Patients
Special Needs Patients and Caregivers often experience difficulty in performing thorough oral care leaving many areas at risk for erosion, plaque, and cavities. MI Paste and MI Paste Plus restore a balanced environment while introducing vital nutrients for the protection and repair of teeth and oral tissue.
How does MI Paste help Infants, Children, and Special Needs Patients?
- MI Paste helps strengthen and rebuild tooth enamel
- MI Paste protects and balances the oral environment
- MI Paste delivers necessary Calcium and Phosphate
- MI Paste, MI Paste Plus, and GC Dry Mouth Gel improve salivary flow
Using MI Paste for Infants, Children, and Special Needs Patients
- Apply MI Paste twice daily after brushing as desired.
- Use MI Paste in the morning, evening, and after introduction of acids.
- MI Paste products and GC Dry Mouth Gel can be used indefinitely.
- Apply a pea sized amount by finger, oral swab, or dental tray.
- Use MI Paste in conjunction with regular oral care.