Are you worried that your teenager is on drugs?
Illicit drug use has remained comparatively high among teenagers in America mainly due to marijuana, its newer and more dangerous synthetic derivatives, and the popularity of abusing prescription drugs. Possible teen drug abuse can be responsible for a number of physical, psychological, and social consequences that can negatively affect your teen’s development.
Symptoms of teen drug abuse may include, but are not limited to:
- Disruptive behavior at school
- Withdrawing from family and friends
- Problems paying attention/staying awake
- Higher chance of depression, drug related accidents, and suicide
Possible consequences of teen drug abuse may include, but are not limited to:
- Increased chance of earlier sexual activity, more sexual partners, practicing unsafe sex, and sexual violence while under the influence
- Increased chance of drug related accidents and/or suicide
Don’t let teen drug abuse ruin your family. Having your son/daughter use an at home drug test will provide you with the certainty that you need while giving your family the privacy that you deserve.
Click on the links below for more information on substance abuse:
- This article highlights some of the physical, psychological, and social problems associated with adolescent drug use.http://bit.ly/YKB1xJ
- Run by the National Institute of Health (NIH), this site provides a wealth of information on the general trends of drug use among America’s teenage population.http://1.usa.gov/QszSrQ
You can also call the Boys Town National Hotline at 1-800-448-3000 or (TDD) 1-800-448-1833 to speak to a counselor and receive assistance.
Get the help that your family needs today!